A video game idea

psp_by_trevownz.jpg

Sorry if this seemed kinda' dorky, but after reading an article about the six-year old female Huck Finn, and judging from what Hilary Knight said about his character:

"With all of the advances in computer technology these days," Knight says wistfully, "I think an animated version could be wonderful - if still absolutely kept under control. But..." he adds and slowly shrugs, leaving the obvious unsaid.

Yeah, I agree with an animated version, Mr. Knight, but a video game would be better... Kinda' like Bully but sans the controversial stuff.

Features

*Ability to change clothes, ala-GTA San Andreas (you can dress up in a tea party dress or a casual pink t-shirt and jeans)

*Skills and some RPG elements

*Storyline missions

*Never-before-seen artwork by Hilary Knight himself

*Available for the PC, Mac, PSP, NDS and Wii

Missions

*Welcome To The Plaza

*Here Comes Nanny

*Mr. Salomone

*Cleaning Out The Trash

*Mrs. Thornton

*Bill, The Waiter

*Minigolf

*Shopping Spree

The multiplayer feature might allow players to select from different peds and some characters, including Eloise.

I'm also wondering on how to implement the HUD in this game, and if the game should implement hammerspace or an inventory system similar to Counter-Strike.

About the wardrobe feature, well, your character can dress up like this:

48050_d.jpg

Or this:

41o0DJJApvL._SS500_.jpg

I'm still thinking of a way to contact Mr. Knight and/or Rockstar Games and Take-Two about this (I was also thinking of EA, but their tradition of cheesy-ness and blatant product placement kept me from doing it); he might be interested in such a project...

I'll be whipping up some more stuff regarding this; maybe Mr. Knight might be interested in such a spin-off... ;D

Edited by Huckleberry Pie

Ala, Rockstar. I highly doubt Rockstar would ever consider making this game. Look at their library. What would make this a Rockstar game?

Yeah I kind of agree. It's just not a R* game you know. R* is known for the Grand Theft Auto games and a couple of others, that actually don't suit R*.

Not that your idea is not good, but I don't think this will become a R* game.

Ala, Rockstar. I highly doubt Rockstar would ever consider making this game. Look at their library. What would make this a Rockstar game?

Yeah I kind of agree. It's just not a R* game you know. R* is known for the Grand Theft Auto games and a couple of others, that actually don't suit R*.

Not that your idea is not good, but I don't think this will become a R* game.

Well if R* won't accept such an idea, then maybe Take-Two would do it, but never EA...

Yeah, Ubisoft are getting into this kinda category at the moment. Have you seen their new line of games? Horsez, Catz 2, Dogz 2, etc all those more 'childish' games.

Maybe, but what about T2, THQ, and other developers? T2 or Rockstar may implement the RAGE engine in Eloise, while THQ made several Shortcake games...

I don't like Ubisoft anymore, they screwed up Splinter Cell ><

Which is why I lampooned Splinter Cell in my story, giving Sam some outlandish missions such as baby-sitting...

Yeah, Ubisoft are getting into this kinda category at the moment. Have you seen their new line of games? Horsez, Catz 2, Dogz 2, etc all those more 'childish' games.

I have Downtown Run 2 from them and the graphics of that, let me laugh, that is almost for a 8MB Graphics Card :bashhead:

I have Downtown Run 2 from them and the graphics of that, let me laugh, that is almost for a 8MB Graphics Card :bashhead:

Wow...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
psp_by_trevownz.jpg

Sorry if this seemed kinda' dorky, but after reading an article about the six-year old female Huck Finn, and judging from what Hilary Knight said about his character:

"With all of the advances in computer technology these days," Knight says wistfully, "I think an animated version could be wonderful - if still absolutely kept under control. But..." he adds and slowly shrugs, leaving the obvious unsaid.

Yeah, I agree with an animated version, Mr. Knight, but a video game would be better... Kinda' like Bully but sans the controversial stuff.

Features

*Ability to change clothes, ala-GTA San Andreas (you can dress up in a tea party dress or a casual pink t-shirt and jeans)

*Skills and some RPG elements

*Storyline missions

*Never-before-seen artwork by Hilary Knight himself

*Available for the PC, Mac, PSP, NDS and Wii

Missions

*Welcome To The Plaza

*Here Comes Nanny

*Mr. Salomone

*Cleaning Out The Trash

*Mrs. Thornton

*Bill, The Waiter

*Minigolf

*Shopping Spree

The multiplayer feature might allow players to select from different peds and some characters, including Eloise.

I'm also wondering on how to implement the HUD in this game, and if the game should implement hammerspace or an inventory system similar to Counter-Strike.

About the wardrobe feature, well, your character can dress up like this:

48050_d.jpg

Or this:

41o0DJJApvL._SS500_.jpg

I'm still thinking of a way to contact Mr. Knight and/or Rockstar Games and Take-Two about this (I was also thinking of EA, but their tradition of cheesy-ness and blatant product placement kept me from doing it); he might be interested in such a project...

I'll be whipping up some more stuff regarding this; maybe Mr. Knight might be interested in such a spin-off... ;D

God do I hate your ideas. Seriously, you're like 5 years old. Look at your icon. STRAWBERRY FUCKING SHORTCAKE? Grow some sack or get out of this forum. Or actually make things GTA related. Back to the good things. I like the idea, but you should change the game. Like maybe Hellboy, or maybe like s splinter-cell version. Little cream puffs don't run drug empires.

Boy do I hate your ideas. Seriously, you're like 5 years old. Look at your icon. STRAWBERRY F***ING SHORTCAKE? Grow some sack or get out of this forum. Or actually make things GTA related. Back to the good things. I like the idea, but you should change the game. Like maybe Hellboy, or maybe like s splinter-cell version. Little cream puffs don't run drug empires.

Well, OK, I know this is some kiddie scheme I made; I know that some of my works may seem dorky and childish to you, but it's my style, I'm a parodist, you know...

OK, so... if you didn't know, Huck is a parodist. He creates parodies.

We've all had lolz at his expense, but you've only been here 5 fucking minutes, so i don't suppose you'd know. Oh, and learn to take critique before you dish it out, yeah, otherwise, just shut up.

Agreed. Oh, and anyway, I'm also planning a new short story, kinda' like an alternate, GTA depiction of Eloise; it's not a parody, but a story set years after her childhood, where she was forced to work for several gangs...

Edited by Huckleberry Pie