• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes
    • Don't Know

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes it is, but how can people believe in something that they have never seen. but i understand that though, because i believe that if i open a knife and if someone else closes it then i will have bad luck. but ive never had bad luck from that, but then again ive always closed my knife.

How can people believe in something they have never seen? Tell me, have you seen love? Have you seen fear?

Prove that they exist.

Like I've said before, you're thinking too literal about the concept of God. God doesn't have to be a physical entity of any sort. God can be a force, or a spirit of some sort. A physically imperceptible force.

However, I still do not believe in God and I surely don't advocate religion by any means. The primary reason for my rejection of religion is simply because I regard many religious practices to be unnecessary. I'm an advocate of personal and communal strength. That is, strength in yourself and in humanity, together as one.

You don't need faith in God. You don't need to worship or adhere to futile religious practices. You just need faith in yourself.

Too many people are so caught up in having an answer to everything. So what? You feel you have an answer to life, yet look at what you place your dependence on. The foundations of your personal and moral integrity are not the product of your own will.

Very good point on the "you need to have faith on yourself" because when you are alone, in danger it's not God who's going to help its's yourself.

In most religions that's actually not true, God can sometimes come to the rescue.

BTW I'd like to say I believe but I can't bring myself to it yet... really want too though.

im atheist was Christan but i stopped believing for holes in the god threroy just a question that may or may not have anything to do with this topic but why do we buiry people in a six foot hole in the ground that is closer to Satan than god? maybe people can awnser me.

im atheist was Christan but i stopped believing for holes in the god threroy just a question that may or may not have anything to do with this topic but why do we buiry people in a six foot hole in the ground that is closer to Satan than god? maybe people can awnser me.

What do you suppose we do? Place them in a tree fort?

Burial of the dead has no formal association with any established religion. It would be against the law to choose an elevation for burial on the grounds of religious assumption.

Edited by osiris.

I grew up believing in God. And at some points in my life praying did good, or that’s what I thought, and maybe things were turning good anyway, but you can’t know that. Growing up and starting understanding things made me ask myself, why should I believe if they can’t really prove it?

I started believing that God is just energy, it’s a huge power. But I don’t know what to believe now. I still pray sometimes because there are moments I fear for the ones I love and I want to protect them in some way, asking God to protect them that is.

I’m an Orthodox, which is very similar to the Catholic religion, but there are things I hate about it. The songs and the Orthodox church remind me and make me think of death, and that’s why I don’t enjoy going to church.

So I do believe in God, but I doubt many things and stories related to my religion.

1- It's not a theory

2- Satan is in the ground? What made you come up with that? Asume there God and Satan exist. I can't recall any part of the bible saying that Satan is inside our planet (y'know, people thought the world was flat in those days, so down would still be in the heavens or as we call it: outer space).

1- It's not a theory

2- Satan is in the ground? What made you come up with that? Asume there God and Satan exist. I can't recall any part of the bible saying that Satan is inside our planet (y'know, people thought the world was flat in those days, so down would still be in the heavens or as we call it: outer space).

Where do you think Hell is(assuming you believed in Hell)? How would down be considered up if the Earth was flat???

1- It's not a theory

Where do you think Hell is(assuming you believed in Hell)? How would down be considered up if the Earth was flat???

Yeah, I didn't get that one either.

Well i am a devoted catholic and first i have to say the bible was not written by god not even Jesus wrote and u should know that are many things in religion that have nothing to do with god

Why do u celebrate Christmas in December when the bible says that Jesus Was born in March

The bible was made by men not by god i believe in the bible but not all of it because the bible in the end is an adaptation to the word of god

Well i am a devoted catholic and first i have to say the bible was not written by god not even Jesus wrote and u should know that are many things in religion that have nothing to do with god

Why do u celebrate Christmas in December when the bible says that Jesus Was born in March

The bible was made by men not by god i believe in the bible but not all of it because the bible in the end is an adaptation to the word of god

wrong... March 25 is the annunciation to Mary by the angel, exactly after nine months is birthday of Jesus

i know that were the romans that putted 25 December because of a pagan holiday and thats a fact

Ivan

You could believe in Jesus and not on the Catholic church.

Do you just don't believe in both?

I don't believe in both but I prefer the 1st one.

What do u dont believe???

Edited by JROCK

i know that were the romans that putted 25 December because of a pagan holiday and thats a fact

Ivan

You could believe in Jesus and not on the Catholic church.

Do you just don't believe in both?

I don't believe in both but I prefer the 1st one.

What do u dont believe???

i believe that Catholic church corrupted many teachings of Jesus... just look here in my country, the bishops and archbishops just spend their time opposing the government and supporting anyone who opposes the administration, they are so political. I'm also a devote Catholic but I believe more on Jesus or God than these priests... like us, they also make mistakes