Palin in 2012?!

Vercetti Thug

I copy pasted this from MSN, I can't believe they're even considering this in Alaska!

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Is Sarah Palin the answer for defeated Republicans? After a historic rebuke at the polls, the Republican Party is staggering into an uncertain tomorrow with the White House and Congress in Democratic hands, no certain leader in sight and its membership divided over what it means to be a Republican.

In her hometown of Wasilla in the Anchorage suburbs, "Palin 2012" T-shirts are already for sale.

When John McCain's 44-year-old running mate returned to Alaska on Wednesday night after he lost the presidential election, she was greeted at the Anchorage airport by chants of "2012! 2012!" Asked by reporters if she might run for president, Palin said, "We'll see what happens then."

Despite this exuberant homecoming, Palin’s return was somewhat overshadowed by a series of reports challenging her judgment and competency as a public servant.

Fox News Channel reporter Carl Cameron reported that within the McCain camp, there were serious doubts about her knowledge of civics and current events. “She didn't know the nations involved in the North American Free Trade Agreement. ... She didn't understand, McCain aides told me … that Africa was a continent and not a country.”

Newsweek’s “Special Election Project” reported other accusations being lobbed by campaign staffers, including new claims about Palin’s wardrobe expenditures.

Calling her shopping spree “more extensive than previously reported,” one aide told Newsweek it was like “"Wasilla hillbillies looting Neiman Marcus from coast to coast.”

Staffers also accuse her of spending “tens of thousands more than the reported $150,000,” and asking low-level staffers to put purchases on their credit cards.

Newsweek also reported that during the Republican National Convention, McCain staffers Steve Schmidt and Mark Salter were greeted by a towel-wearing Palin when they arrived at her hotel room for a briefing.

"I'll be just a minute," she said, and asked them to chat with her husband in the meantime.

Sources also say that Schmidt, a strategist, was the one to veto Palin’s request to speak Tuesday night during McCain's concession speech.

Meg Stapleton, Palin's spokeswoman, responded to the reports, saying, "This is so unfortunate and, quite honestly, sickening. The accusations we are hearing and reading are not true and since we deny all these anonymous allegations, there is nothing specific to which we will respond."

Star of the ticket

Ever since her selection as John McCain's running mate in late August, Palin was the star of the GOP ticket, though views of her vary wildly across the political spectrum. With the Republican brand corroded and the hunt on for the next Ronald Reagan, Palin could be one of many people competing to influence Republican ideas in the post-Bush era, maybe even as the party's leader.

"Conservatives are still looking for Mr. Right. And maybe Mr. Right turns out to be Ms. Right," said Bill Whalen, a fellow at the conservative Hoover Institution.

Palin "has built-in national stature and she's beloved by conservative talk radio," Whalen said. But "does she want to be a stay-at-home mom and a stay-at-home governor, or does she want to be a player on the national stage? She has to make a choice."

She has done little to discourage speculation — begun even as McCain's campaign faded — that she could return to the ballot four years from now.

Grover Norquist, a leading conservative and president of Americans for Tax Reform, called Palin "one of five or six people who is a plausible candidate for president in 2012," along with familiar names like Mitt Romney, Texas Gov. Rick Perry and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich.

"She's in the top tier, but she's not next in line." Norquist said. Running as vice president "puts you in contention."

Click for related content

Vote: Should Palin run for president in 2012?

NYT: Internal battles divided McCain, Palin camps

Can survivors lead GOP out of the wilderness?

Any number of other Republicans may step forward. Romney, the ex-Massachusetts governor who lost the nomination this year, has restarted his political action committee. Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal is heading to the leadoff caucus state of Iowa on Nov. 22 to deliver the keynote address to a conservative group.

For two intense months, Palin was the youthful foil to the old, sometimes cranky McCain. She was called everything from an empty skirt to the real deal. McCain, in defeat, called her "an impressive new voice in our party."

"She's somewhat of a diamond in the rough," said former Republican National Committee member Barbara Alby, who credits Palin with energizing the ticket. "I expect she'll grow from that

Oh Dear. who in their right minds would vote that in for President. I saw on the BBC that she moaned for hours about how it was the medias fault that McCain lost.

What she said about Africa reminds me of when Bush asked Charlotte Church asked if Wales was a state or something stupid like that. Match made in heaven.

Oh Dear. who in their right minds would vote that in for President. I saw on the BBC that she moaned for hours about how it was the medias fault that McCain lost.

What she said about Africa reminds me of when Bush asked Charlotte Church asked if Wales was a state or something stupid like that. Match made in heaven.

Where are they coming up w/ this crap?! Anybody care to say which "McCain aids" are saying these things? What about

her outstanding showing at the VP debate? The best thing anybody could say about Biden was that he stayed on topic

(for once). Her various appearances on news programs where she had no problem holding her ground debating issues?

This "hillbilly" is one of the few people who really understands the Bush Doctrine (go look it up).

These allegations are baseless w/out evidence (credit card statements, expense reports, etc). These reports are half-assed

attempts on the part of the people who ran the McCain campaign to caver their asses after they blew the election. If they

were serious they would have used the endless ammo from Obama himself to win this one.

If you don't know what I'm talking about you really need to pay more attention. Any sane & rational person who did could

never support Obama or the "Changes" he wants. My thoughts & opinions on him are strictly based on what he personally

has said publicly.

Sara Palin was the only leg McCain had to stand on.

• 2 weeks later...
She is indeed known as a WOLF killer because she sponsors killing wolves in a low flying plane.

If you can produce to me a picture of her shooting wolves from a low flying plane, or shaking hands with people who partake in such hunting activities, I will concede that argument to you.

Secondly she always talks about god and how he will help her.

How does her faith in God helping her make her an over the top Christian...? Most, if not all Christians believe God will help them throughout their lives. In fact, pretty much every religion believes their particular deity(s) will help them throughout their lives...

If she slaughtered and oppressed innocent people who didn't share her beliefs, then you could call her an over the top Christian. Wouldn't kill you to think a bit....

Edited by steveplayer

She is indeed known as a WOLF killer because she sponsors killing wolves in a low flying plane.

If you can produce to me a picture of her shooting wolves from a low flying plane, or shaking hands with people who partake in such hunting activities, I will concede that argument to you.

How does her faith in God helping her make her an over the top Christian...? Most, if not all Christians believe God will help them throughout their lives. In fact, pretty much every religion believes their particular deity(s) will help them throughout their lives...

If she slaughtered and oppressed innocent people who didn't share her beliefs, then you could call her an over the top Christian. Wouldn't kill you to think a bit....

She is a devout Christian, compared to many others. Her views do seem more Catholic to me though, I know she isnt but her views do reflect the Catholic religon more. If she was over the top than I would be scared, she might start burning people at the stake who believe in a different God. We would have another Mary I, even though she was Catholic.

I do hate that she kills mooses, to me that is wrong. I dont agree with hunting for fun anyway, its sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHCcunc7SHo...feature=channel