GTA Movies

NickS

I don't know where to post this so, I posted it here. If it's in the wrong forum, please move it ;)

Will there ever be a movie about Grand Theft Auto?

Or is there one out already?

I haven't heard anything about a movie, but I imagine if there was going to be one, it would probably take place in Liberty City. That's where most of the action seems to take place these days.

There's already a movie called Grand Theft Auto from the 70's. GTA1 and 2 were based from it, that movie was also about a guy who had missions by phone calls in random phone boots:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076100/

Ah, well there you go. I had no idea about that, maybe I'll have a peek.

Maybe the topic could discuss thoughts about a new movie, eg. plot, setting, characters?

Not meaning to take over warrior13's topic ^-^

There's already a movie called Grand Theft Auto from the 70's. GTA1 and 2 were based from it, that movie was also about a guy who had missions by phone calls in random phone boots:

Ah, well there you go. I had no idea about that, maybe I'll have a peek.

Maybe the topic could discuss thoughts about a new movie, eg. plot, setting, characters?

Not meaning to take over warrior13's topic ^-^

Oh, I was expecting more of a movie based on Liberty City.

Planning to take over my topic eh? Nah, it doesn't really matter. :lol:

Yeah, we should discuss about that.

I was thinking more of Vice City as a movie. It looks pretty cool if it turned into a movie. A bit like American Gangster but with more style in a tropical city

It would probably seem like a rip-off of Miami Vice a little bit if it was set in Vice City, but hey, maybe that's a good thing.

I'm thinking maybe Diaz could be the main character, showing how he climbed his way to the top, then at the end gets taken down by Tommy?

But again, another movie rip-off, this time of Scarface. ^-^

It would probably seem like a rip-off of Miami Vice a little bit if it was set in Vice City, but hey, maybe that's a good thing.

I'm thinking maybe Diaz could be the main character, showing how he climbed his way to the top, then at the end gets taken down by Tommy?

But again, another movie rip-off, this time of Scarface. ^-^

Name the movie Grand Theft Auto Vice City instead of just Vice City, that way, there would be a good excuse. :lol:

I'm pretty sure R* have always said no to doing a movie. The unrelated film Grand Theft Auto is pretty lame, I've not seen the whole thing but a couple of clips of it and it seems kinda retarded, not to mention how outdated it is now

Like Pulp Fiction. :P

I was thinking more like a movie series like Liberty City is the first movie then, Vice City is the second etc. The storyline of each gta game is great, wouldn't it be great enough to turn it into a movie?

I'm pretty sure R* have always said no to doing a movie. The unrelated film Grand Theft Auto is pretty lame, I've not seen the whole thing but a couple of clips of it and it seems kinda retarded, not to mention how outdated it is now

I was thinking more like a movie series like Liberty City is the first movie then, Vice City is the second etc. The storyline of each gta game is great, wouldn't it be great enough to turn it into a movie?

What?

Have you watched it? I don't that that is the plot, I don't even think that happens in the movie. I'm doubting GTA was based off of it in any way.

What? How is Pulp Fiction related to Chris' post at all? It isn't lame, retarded, or out-dated. Nor does it have ANYTHING to do with the film "Grand Theft Auto", or the video game "Grand Theft Auto".

Creating a movie on a game is extremely difficult but it can be done, the Max Payne film showed it can although saying that Max Payne is totally different to GTA, for a GTA film it would have to be 3 seperate movies made a bit like the Rambo movies, with the storyline being pushed forward with each movie. I doubt anyone would make a GTA movie though, it would cost a lot for all the stunts and explosions etc. plus good games dont generallly make good movies.

Creating a movie on a game is extremely difficult but it can be done, the Max Payne film showed it can although saying that Max Payne is totally different to GTA, for a GTA film it would have to be 3 seperate movies made a bit like the Rambo movies, with the storyline being pushed forward with each movie. I doubt anyone would make a GTA movie though, it would cost a lot for all the stunts and explosions etc. plus good games dont generallly make good movies.

Then why not create a 3D GTA movie? Wouldn't that make things easier?

Then why not create a 3D GTA movie? Wouldn't that make things easier?

Because then it would probably suck. Or else work better as a small 15-30 minute "minisode".

Ok, maybe some other gta game. What about San Andreas?

Wouldnt that just be Boyz n Da Hood with missions and i bit more action? Id watch it Boyz n da hood was pretty good. But the same thing goes for a vice city movie it would be a rip off of another movie. Though not much of a rip as VC would be of Scarface....

Oh yeah and Spaz thats a good idea. Instead of a 'minisode' though they could make like a TV series.

Edited by Highwire