Your GTA4 location ideas

nickchico

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well not really, but I thought the name sounded real nice :)

Anyway this is quite interesting, found some info about the word Cholo:

In Mexico and north, Cholo is a term implying a typically Mexican mestizo gangster. A cholo is stereotypically depicted as wearing baggy chinos (khaki pants) or khaki shorts with white knee-high socks, so-called wifebeater undershirts, flannel shirts buttoned all the way to the top or unbuttoned except for the top button, and a shaved head or slicked-back hair. Popular "cholo" brands include Dickies and Ben Davis. This same designation may also be associated with black ink tattoos, commonly involving gang calligraphy, or family names and art. A cholo might also stereotypically own a lowrider, prefer music like Zapp and Roger's "More Bounce To The Ounce" and "Doo Wa Ditty." He might also employ the Chicano term of ese in a way to call someone dude, like "What's up, ese?" or "¡Órale, ese!". This word in Spanish means that one or that guy, but it also is the letter S, which some have said stands for Sureño, a member of a certain street gang. Another term with essentially the same meaning is Vato, which can be used in the same way.

Nah you're probably right, especially now when I know what it means and all, but Los Cholos is a really nice name you know, but as you said, it's most likely not to happen. San Alberto is really nice, I like that name, wouldn't mind having it if New Mexico will be the city. Hehe, San Cojones City, I like that name too, not bad, not bad at all, oh yeah.

Most likely not, now I understand why the name is better suited as a gang than a city. Hey man, that's a great idea Cro, african cities, damn we haven't talked about this, worth some comments you know. Well I wouldn't mind having GTA IV set somewhere in Africa, but I know almost nothing about that country. How about Addis Adaba? There's about 2,400,000 citizens in that city.

Edit: Should be Addis Ababa.

Edited by GTAPlayer

Funny Cro :) but Nike City is most likely or maybe Puma (an animal that I think lives in Africa )

QuickEdit:If it takes place in Rio De Janeiro most likely it`s gonna have the name Cidade De Deus(aka God`s City) (a neighbourhood that is loaded with crime/drugs/pimps).watch Cidade De Deus movie (2002).

Edited by Gycu

Errr can i just say something.Why is there gta location idea's when everyone knows its gonna be in london.It just makes sense.I think they would've made their minds up about the location years ago.

You don't know if its going to be London. You can't look into the future. But a good chance it will be Churchill City: London.

Haha, yeah man... Maybe so Cro :) And Gycu, you're right about that one. And 2003, nice name and Casablanca, hell why not! Alright man, pretty damn cool city, heard they have the biggest town market in Africa too. Here's some pictures of Addis Ababa.

Yeah it's a good city, GTAP, but it's not having any much crime.

Yeah venom07, I know, but it's just damn fun speculating and hoping for the good stuff, know what I'm saying? And yeah, Casablanca looks real nice, it's big too :) Cro, I have no idea about the crime statics in Addis Ababa, but of course there's crime, but I'm not sure how much, know what I'm saying. Anyway Casablanca looks real nice, and it's big too.

Yeah man, Hawaii, Honolulu is the capital city and all, has a big population and everything, oh yeah, great city man. GTA IV could be based on some of the greatest places in Hawaii, not only in Honolulu, know what I'm saying. I found some seriously nice pics of Honolulu, Hawaii my friends, enjoy and drool: