Sexual Preference

Jezz Torrent

317 members have voted

1. 1. What is your sexual preference?

• Straight
    • Gay
    • Bi
    • Not interested in sex or love at all

But in the bible it says that homosexuality is against god, or something like that.

What the bible says does not determine one's sexuality. I know a few very strong Christians that are gay, it's quite the internal struggle they have.

BTW, are you from Texas? Being a redneck..

To quote one of my favorite songs "When I die I may not go to heaven" ... "let me go to Texas Cause Texas is as close as I've been"

A question that I've been wondering about lately: If God doesn't want us to be homosexual, Why does he make some of us homosexual? Why would he want to challenge us like that?

I guess it depends on a number of things. Do you think that God made everyone? To be honest, I think it is some sort of population control. Just like in the animal population, there are different diseases that come around, or foreign speceis sometimes come in to control it or we go hunting to control certain populations of animals.

We have had diseases thrown at us (cancer, diabetes, etcetera) and for the most part we have been able to beat them. How - by using our mind. If our mind does not want to reproduce, we will not reproduce.

Yeah, i realy dont like the discrimination of anything kinda.

And where are they homosexual priests??

As I said earlier, genetics determine sexuality not the bible.

Well I'm sure that there aren't any Catholic gay priests. I'm Catholic BTW.

And that's the whole point. From a religious perspective gays are corrupting what god intended the world to be.

Before the catholics (and after them, the protestants) got ahold of the bible, there are a lot of references to homosexuality. The original, non translated versions of the bible have a lot of references, but they were either changed or taken out. Wish I could find that link.

IMO vary rarely you genetically are gay and most of the gays out here are just influenced. I think every living being is born with a instinct to be attracted to the opposite sex.

Also in the bible there is said that a city got destroyed, a city were lot's of gay people where (just one of the many thing in the city). That's why the Catholic Church is against it. And they're also against the condom cause that also corrupts the main thing of nature. But so does masturbating...

About Texas, aren't rednecks not usually against gays? Might be wrong, but I always thought they were.

Firstly, don't explain things you can never understand. You can suggest that MIGHT be how it is, but you will never know.

Secondly, gays aren't "corrupting" anything - we aren't spoiling or changing anything. Just because the people I happen to stare at have short hair instead of long, doesn't affect other people. If you walk past a gay person in the street, does that make you any less Christian? Is it a sin for me to exist? Corruption is where people deliberately go against God, where they try and stop other people believing in God - that is not what we do. I was a Christian until fairly recently, and because I disagreed with ONE thing, that does not mean i am "corrupting what god intended the world to be"

Thirdly, in the Bible it (bluntly) says that men should not have sex with each other. It admits that men may have homosexual thoughts, that is only natural (for them)

Fourthly, I don't think it make any difference if I became gay because of my genes, because of something my mother ate when she was pregnant, because I went to an all-boys school for the best part of puberty - the thing is it has been entirely natural for me to be gay. For the entire length of time that it has been possible for me to be sexually attracted to boys, I have been. Makes no difference if the switch was flicked before I was born or after.

Fifthly, if God made everyone perfect, that would be boring. Obviously God wants to make things a bit more exciting, so he let some people be evil, he let some people be prejudiced and total dickheads, and to just spice things up a bit he made some people homosexual. Free will is just God having fun with chaos. If we have free will, how come God knows (in his book) exactly when someone is meant to be born and to die. If someone was meant to die today, would it be a crime to kill them? If someone killed someone, couldn't they just say it was obviously his time to go, because that is when he died. Without free will, nothing makes any sense.

About Texas, aren't rednecks not usually against gays? Might be wrong, but I always thought they were.

Stereotyping

But I do think being gay shouldn't be encouraged, it only should be encouraged to respect them just like all others.

How the hell can you "encourage" someone to be gay? It isnt a choice or decision or anything. And don't even THINK of suggesting that gay people can just find a woman and get married and have kids anyway. If being gay was normal, would you have sex with a man just because someone "encouraged" you to?

IMO vary rarely you genetically are gay and most of the gays out here are just influenced. I think every living being is born with a instinct to be attracted to the opposite sex.

Stop bloody commenting on stuff you don't understand. Seriously. Most animals, particularly humans, have a sexual instinct. For some reason, mine got fucked up along the way.

Sky just said to me on msn that he thinks that all humans have the same instinct, and gay people simply think differently, and their thinking patterns have been since they were born.

I have to disagree, quite simply because my instinct tells me that guys are hot. Nothing about girls turn me on at all, and we all know how strong instinct is. Instinct governs most things that we do subconsciously - everything from breathing to survive, to crying when we can't find our mothers. I have not overwritten my instinct to say "actually no its not girls that are hot, its boys" - that would have to be some very very heavy manipulation to even make me consider that.

I'll go through your first post in the morning. But I am on one line with Sky. The very fact that 99% of people are straight already shows it's on instinct. Animals live on instinct so can't really reason. They're just straight, so yeah I do think it's on instinct. If you would have never heard about the existence of gay people and were brought up in a different way you probably would have thought different and also not been gay. But that's just my reasoning.

Hang on - you are saying that because everybody does it that proves it is instinct? What about the rest? What has happened to my instinct? Sky was saying that I was born with straight instinct but that it has changed to become gay. I think that I never had straight instinct, and for some reason that was always gay.

For a start, it isn't 99% of people that are straight - it's more like 90%.

Homosexuals are people too. They have feelings just like anyone else. What people think of them and do to them just because of their sexual preference is utter bullshit.

I don't care what anyone says, you DO NOT choose to be gay. You can't help who you fall in love with. Look at all the good looking people in the world. I can stare at Jessica Alba all day in a bikini and not be turned on by it because I am not gay. I don't get sexual feelings when I see a beautiful female because I was not born to be gay.

People need to accept everyone for who they are. Gays just want to be happy as well and if being with the same gender makes them happy, good for them. I worry about myself and my own relationship as opposed to what other people are doing with their lives. Those people that go around talking shit about homosexuals lead very boring lives and seriously need to get a life and stop bothering other people.

Gerard -- you took me wrong. I mean, I might've said it like that, but it's not what I meant. >.> I DO believe it is thinking patterns, or something of the like. Which technically you could say people are genetically gay. As thinking patterns are of the genetics of the person.

The thing is you arn't born with 'memory' of anything. You go by instinct.... which goes to thinking pattern, I'd guess.

If any of that makes sense..... say I.

Instinct is something else, buddy, it has nothing to do with sexual preferenec, instinct is something like...eh...how do you say...you breath, from when you're born you breath, because your instinct tells you that ya gotta breath, kinda.

That's wrong. You breathe because your body needs to - that isn't instinct, that is a biological necessity - a reflex. You don't think about breathing or your heart beating, in fact you couldn'tt stop it if you tried.

Instinct is pre-programmed behaviour. To quote Wikipedia:

"Instinct is the inherent disposition of a living organism toward a particular behavior. Instincts are generally inherited patterns of responses or reactions to certain kinds of stimuli. In humans they are most easily observed in behaviors such as emotions, sexual drive, and other bodily functions, as these are largely biologically determined"

For all the psychologists out their (such as myself), Sigmund Freud coined the term "innate bisexuality" to propose that all humans are born bisexual (having a non-specific sex drive) but it is through psychological development (internally and externally) that they become monosexual.

On a related note, I found this article which says that sexuality determines what smells you like. I always found it weird that I found male BO quite alluring (unless stale) but that everyone else thinks it smells like shit. Strange.

If the way you were raised had as much to do with it as people thought, I'd be straighter than straight. I think that the way you were raised has a lot to do with the way you act, but now who you are attracted to.

My father had me doing stuff on cars when I was like 5. I played football with my cousins (no good at it - no coordination and too heavy to run). I played baseball at family reunions (see previous parenthetical statement). And I've always done masculine things.

And I know some gay rednecks ... in Texas.

As long as I'm happy, I'm happy.

I just think male allure smells... manly.

I stick to my point and still think it's the otherworld that mainly influences people. Sure there can be exeptions, but most people are more influenced then anything else. People who for no reason start to question themselfs being straight.

Instinct is something else, buddy, it has nothing to do with sexual preferenec, instinct is something like...eh...how do you say...you breath, from when you're born you breath, because your instinct tells you that ya gotta breath, kinda.

That's wrong. You breathe because your body needs to - that isn't instinct, that is a biological necessity - a reflex. You don't think about breathing or your heart beating, in fact you couldn'tt stop it if you tried.

Instinct is pre-programmed behaviour. To quote Wikipedia:

"Instinct is the inherent disposition of a living organism toward a particular behavior. Instincts are generally inherited patterns of responses or reactions to certain kinds of stimuli. In humans they are most easily observed in behaviors such as emotions, sexual drive, and other bodily functions, as these are largely biologically determined"

For all the psychologists out their (such as myself), Sigmund Freud coined the term "innate bisexuality" to propose that all humans are born bisexual (having a non-specific sex drive) but it is through psychological development (internally and externally) that they become monosexual.

On a related note, I found this article which says that sexuality determines what smells you like. I always found it weird that I found male BO quite alluring (unless stale) but that everyone else thinks it smells like shit. Strange.

Eh...Okay, once again im the moron lol :lol:

And that smell thing...eh...pretty weird...kinda...

He'll not see himself anymore as her father basically.

Like giving away a possession. You disown it.

Edit: well, probably I just won't understand it. I only can guess. And I'm pretty much 100% sure I'm straight. Guys just don't turn me on at all (exept for sport, but that's different), girls it pants that are slightly to small on the other hand...

An example of disown:

A heavily Christian family finds out their son is gay. They are very much against it and they get angry and tell their son that he isn't their son anymore (obviously he is technically but they want nothing to do with him). They don't keep in contact with him and it is as if he never existed to them. Basically, they just act as if they never had a son.

Edit: Typos are crap.

Edited by Jade