Sexual Preference

Jezz Torrent

317 members have voted

1. 1. What is your sexual preference?

• Straight
    • Gay
    • Bi
    • Not interested in sex or love at all

Straight, gay, bi, they are all the same. Why group yourself when you are just ONENESS? It just matters if you want to be with someone because everyone does, or they think that a good person doesn't exist. Who cares if you are a dude and you like dudes or whatnot? Just find someone to be with and most of all BE HAPPY! I refuse to be grouped but "Oneness" wasn't a choice.

Oneness?

Anyway ...

I brought up something that would get her to say "You like girls, right?" When she asked I kinda stuttered and muttered I'm gay. She asked me if I was sure or I just thought. And I told her I was sure. Then she said she would love me no matter what - as long as I'm happy. And she said that she had her suspicions and kinda knew so it wasn't a surprise to her.

She could tell I felt really bad about it. She was sad for the way I felt, not about how I am gay.

She took it better than I did. She thinks I should go to some sort of counseling for the depression. I told her I didn't want to tell the doctor because he would instantly put me on some sort of pills (I don't do pills)

Mom told dad before breakfast this morning while I was still sleeping. She told him. He took it ok. He suspected it for a while, and apparently has asked my mom a few years ago if I was gay.

Then my mom started crying because she felt so bad for me; because I feel ashamed of it. According to her, my father instantly said that I have nothing to be ashamed of.

Dad woke me up for breakfast this morning and said something that mom told him my concerns and he fine with them or something like that (I wasn't wide awake).

So I'm happy that my parents know and accept it

I still feel really bad about not having kids and being an only child.

But I feel that I am letting them down because I'm an only child ... but there's nothing I can do about it.

I still feel really bad about not having kids and being an only child.

But I feel that I am letting them down because I'm an only child ... but there's nothing I can do about it.

I feel the same way (almost.) I've got one brother and no sisters, he's a few years older than me. He came out to my parents a few years ago. They took it fine, they're very liberal. The thing is, because he's gay too, when I come out to them, it's basically gonna be telling them they won't be grandparents, which I'm sure they are really looking forward to. I guess there is always adoption, but it's just not the same. Blah.

Two gay brothers? That's ominous. I happen to know of a pair of gay twins from round here, they're total opposites too (one butch, one camp).

kind of the same with me and my brother (minus the twin part...he's 21 i'm 18.) he's flaaaaamming, and i easily pass for straight

Ta ^_^

Yeah people think that just because Im Bi that I will go for any girl and I must try it on with my friends. Someone even thought me and my best friend must have had sex even though she is straight.

Yeah, that's so stupid. One of my high school friends was bi and people thought that just because she hung out with myself and our other female friends, she must want to do us.

It's such a stupid stereotype.

I think my dad would take it way better than my mom.. My older sister once told my parents she was bi (I don't think she really is), my mom told me to never do that to her.. When I tell them I'll have to explain it... But I don't know how I'm going to explain it or tell them about it.. I've been trying to tell my best friend, but I just can't. I'm afraid he'd stop being friends with me.

This just sucks.. :(

The thing that shocked my mum was that it was out of the blue - she never even suspected it for a second, so it was a big shock.

Drop hints... I know someone that did that until their parents asked them. His parents discussed it with each other before asking him, so they were prepared for it.

If you're macho, just make it clear that you're going to stay the same - its not as if you have decided that you're going to be gay from now on. If you're more effeminate, then it won't be much of a shock for them anyway.

He may already know

At the end of the day if he is a true friend then he will accpet you. If not then well his lose. he should like you for you

When I finally do tell him, that is what I planned on saying. "If you can't accept it, then it was good being friends while it lasted".. Or something like that.

The thing that shocked my mum was that it was out of the blue - she never even suspected it for a second, so it was a big shock.

Drop hints... I know someone that did that until their parents asked them. His parents discussed it with each other before asking him, so they were prepared for it.

If you're macho, just make it clear that you're going to stay the same - its not as if you have decided that you're going to be gay from now on. If you're more effeminate, then it won't be much of a shock for them anyway.

I try to drop hints. But they don't pick up... I guess I have to try harder at that.

If you're talking about if I seem straight or not (if thats what you meant by macho and effeminate), I think its obvious I'm gay.. But they still haven't picked up on it.

One time my mom said something to me like "You like girls, don't you?".. I just kind of mumbled "yeah".. I should have said no and told her then. But, it seems like a good idea, but when the moment comes I just can't bring myself to do it.

----

I'm also afraid of what my other family members will think. All my uncles are homophobes, so is my grandma and probably all my aunts too..

I think one of my sisters already knows, but I didn't confront her about it because I'm scared that she might not actually know.. I think I might tell her first anyway. She has a lot of gay friends, I don't know how she'll take her brother being gay though..

Edited by Andrew91

Everyones families are different. You dont want to disapoint them and sometimes you feel they will be if your not what they want. Its not as simple as you say Godfather.

Exactly.

I know they would be very disappointed. I'm pretty sure they want me to have kids.. But, I'm most likely not going to. They can't be disappointed about not being grandparents, because they already are. And they're probably be more babies coming from both my sisters.

sucks that you have to live that way. parents shouldnt care what gender there child likes, they should only care if they are happy or not.

Yeah.. It sucks very much.

And I'm going to tell them something like that when I do finally tell them I'm gay..

Edited by Andrew91