1. 1. Are you?

• No
    • Yes
    • WTF is this?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vegans can even eat cake ... just depends on how it is made. Vegetarians can eat all dairy products so any cake should not be a problem.

Yeah, Vegans can't eat cake though. It is made of Milk and Egg.

When I was a vegan I just used non dairy substitutes to make cake and cookies and the such. A lot of people who tried them loved them. You can use bananas or apple sauce in place of eggs and it really does not alter the tasted at all, and of course instead of milk use soy milk.

Dunno about them being weaker. I mean it's true that meat has a lot of protein which your body needs, but they can find alternative sources.

However IMO vegans are crazy, did any of you see the one on Trading Spouses? Crazy bitch.

Most people actually get so much extra protein that they pee out most of what they take in. If you eat sensibly as a vegetarian you should have no problem getting what your body needs.

Also ... just because a few vegetarians are crazy and just annoying doesn't mean they all are.

Eh, I met a vegan/vegetarian. She was annoying man. Like, we bought a pizza, and she basically stripped it down and was eating just the bread. I was like, "uhh, why not try the cheese?", then she started bitching at me.

It seems like she was trying to be a vegan ... and failing hard. Even if you take the cheese or meat off a pizza the oils and greases are still there. Its pretty much just as bad as eating the cheese in the first place.

Vegetarian = not healthy. I do eat some vegetarian food on occasion.

Vegetarians are actually very healthy if they do it right. I know I have been a lot healthier since I became a vegetarian six years ago, really before that I was a vegetarian off and on my whole life. To be honest, the smart vegetarians that eat more than just potatoes and pizza are actually more healthy than most meat eaters.

I mean, eating meat is natural. Animals eat other animals, and animals are innocent to anything and don't commit sins (at least, IMO they don't). So then for use eating meat would be ok too. As long as you kill them purely for food and not just kill for fun I think it's fine.

In many religions animals are good offerings, so then it's a good thing..

Though possibly you could also count the rule of "thou shall not kill" also for animals, and not only humans.

But then people of no religion, why would they?

Personally I became a vegetarian because I though meat was disgusting, the taste and the fact that you are eating something that was once living's flesh.

I love lamb, the best meat IMO. Though I feel pretty sorry everytime I see them.. they're so cute and yough, but tasty.

@ps3player: Doesn't your religion not just forbid one animal that may not be eaten? Not all.

Its sort of like that but the animal has to be killed in a certain way to make it 'Halal', Muslims have to kill the animal on the throat so it doesn't endure any pain through its death. Hope this clarifies it ;)

I see. Wouldn't personally count that as vegitarian TBH, since you still may eat (certain) mean. I actually always thought that slitting the throat is actually extreemly painfull. I mean (sorry if this sounds really bad) one could also just knock a animal down with a baseballbal and if you do it right it won't hurt him at all...

Thanks for the explenation though. I'm not sure, but wasn't there not anything with draining the animal from it's blood, cause otherwise it would be bad eating or cooking a animal that still has blood in it or something.

I always thought that Muslims just couldn't eat any meat from cows because the cow is sacred ... then again my classes on religion have been wrong before.

I think that's Hindu's. They don't eat pork either though. Muslims won't eat pork, neither do Jews.

I eat almost every meat. The way I figure it, it's already dead. If I don't eat it, and it goes to waste, then that animal died for no reason. It's called the food chain, and we are on top.

Those people who don't eat meat for health reasons, I get that. I eat less red meat and pork than I ever used to because it's not the healthiest thing for you.

I always thought that Muslims just couldn't eat any meat from cows because the cow is sacred ... then again my classes on religion have been wrong before.

I think that's Hindu's. They don't eat pork either though. Muslims won't eat pork, neither do Jews.

I eat almost every meat. The way I figure it, it's already dead. If I don't eat it, and it goes to waste, then that animal died for no reason. It's called the food chain, and we are on top.

Those people who don't eat meat for health reasons, I get that. I eat less red meat and pork than I ever used to because it's not the healthiest thing for you.

Ah, okay I just got religions mixed up a little ... sorry about that.

The bit about the animal already being dead ... well the less people who eat meat the less the demand for meat is so the less animals that get killed in the first place. The supply and demand chain ... we are on top of that too.

Muslims won't eat pork, neither do Jews.

Muslims don't eat any meat. I have a muslim friend and he didn't eat any meat but he did say something about cutting a chickens head off and saying Hejab. My grandpa is jewish and he eats pork everyday.

Indeed, Hindu's.

The reason they don't eat pork is cause they think that Pig's go against the plan of god (something of how they're built) so there for it's a bad animal..

Yeah.We Hindus dont eat ant type of meat.Pig,pork......Lol and else.

Isn't re-incarnation part of the Hindu faith? I'd heard that's why Hindus don't eat meat, it could be a loved one in a new life.

As for Muslims, I live in a College town & there is a strong Muslim community here. After about 20 years in the pizza biz,

I've learned that dietary concerns are similar to Kosher. Beef & chicken are acceptable to the Muslim customers I've served.

Perhaps InvincibleDonkey's friend belongs to a specific group, like Seventh Day Adventist Christians (also strong in local

community). Have also heard of some Jews being relaxed on the pork issues, although not common.

Maybe our leaders should play GTA, actually learning a little about other cultures here. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...