What do you want to be when your older?

Red_91

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I want to be a Computer games designer when I get older. I've been recently doing alot of research in the past and right now. If I do get some good marks in my GCSE and my ICT Coursework, I might start learning on how to make a simple piece of GFX which will include using Adobe Photoshop and some other programmes based on 3D Graphics art.

Game mapping. That is creating the actual places in games. I don't know modeling right now and I like mapping over programming because the user literally sees your designs.

I'll probably learn modeling for the hell of it and learn more in-depth programming just in-case. 1-man game design teams are ftw!

So yeah, I would like to be a mapper for games. I'd ideally like to work for Rockstar but Valve and EA are fine too.

Game designer sounds nice, come to think about it I want a job with OK money but I enjoy it, I don't want to earn lots of money and not be happy at work.

Originally you'd earn £500,000 every year if your in the Graphics industry when making the Graphics for the games, you even have to learn how to use Z Brush, 3DS Max etc. Takes a while to get use to, but since my Brothers got them 2 programmes, I'll be learning from him!

Some kind of engineer since I love physics and technology. I'd love to work for Northrop or Lockheed, but that's probably not reachable..

Oh, not engineers like the people who just service stuff. But the ones who actually come up and design the stuff.

@TM: Uh, are you sure? If I'm not mistaken the people modeling and making the graphics for games just earn around 120 000 EUR and then you still have to pay 52% tax over that.. It doesn't pay all that great (well atleast not IMO).. Just well above average. 4 times above average..

Some kind of engineer since I love physics and technology. I'd love to work for Northrop or Lockheed, but that's probably not reachable..

Oh, not engineers like the people who just service stuff. But the ones who actually come up and design the stuff.

So mainly a Architect right? Or designer in another case. I'm right now doing GCSE Art, and I'm good at it, so I guess I'm heading the right way, just need to improve in my ICT skills to getting a A or an A*.

So mainly a Architect right? Or designer in another case. I'm right now doing GCSE Art, and I'm good at it, so I guess I'm heading the right way, just need to improve in my ICT skills to getting a A or an A*.

No, no. When I mean design I'm talking about stuff like stealth thingy's and plane design. All those technical aspects of it. Northrop and Lockheed both make planes BTW, in case anyone here doesn't know.

I wanna be a big time game seller like sony just not sellin TVs. I already have game ideas. I was also thinking of working for R* and give em' some good GTA ideas.

Well, If you do want to work for R* you should learn all the stuff you have to do to give them some Ideas, originally, you need to learn how to Script write and learn all the basic stuff, I also think Gameplay part of making the Ideas too.

I know it's hard work but thats for when i'm older i'll be smarter and have better penmanship skills. Also need to research about GTA more to get some Ideas. Do you need to go to College to work with R*?

Definitely, plus get a degree at university, you'll probably want at least a merit, if not a distinction. Hard work. (btw merit = 90%+, distinction = 95%+ i think...)

PS3player, GCSE's are far from a walk in the park to get A* at, start studying and revising hard through year 10, i din't, and now i've screwed everything up. Crap is aflling to peices left right and center of me, so fuckin work hard, never undrrestimate when you get told to revise, just fucking do it. It'll be so much better in the longrun. Trust me. Please.

Edited by MrLlamaLlama

I know you've all heard it before. But I would like to be a Game Designer. All though I would settle for a part-time job in Game so I'm open to anything really :P I'll see when ever I get a chance to look at some jobs in the computer industry. But I agree with Chris82, 1 man teams are far better at making stuff. So I would probably design a game after a year of learning the basics and then see what other people think of it. But still undecided on a good steady job.

Edit: Distinction is higher than a Pass? I've been getting Distinction in all my IT work and I thought it wasn't as good, silly me. We don't have Merits in my school though. :/

Edited by Ciaran

I know it's hard work but thats for when i'm older i'll be smarter and have better penmanship skills. Also need to research about GTA more to get some Ideas. Do you need to go to College to work with R*?

Definitely, plus get a degree at university, you'll probably want at least a merit, if not a distinction. Hard work. (btw merit = 90%+, distinction = 95%+ i think...)

PS3player, GCSE's are far from a walk in the park to get A* at, start studying and revising hard through year 10, i din't, and now i've screwed everything up. Crap is aflling to peices left right and center of me, so fuckin work hard, never undrrestimate when you get told to revise, just fucking do it. It'll be so much better in the longrun. Trust me. Please.

He is right, I could have done so much better. Getting an A* isnt easy and it takes alot of revision.

I want to work in the theatre, my dream would to be an actress and the stage, mainly in musicals. Even though I know thats very hard I would be happy with any work in the theatre or I would just be happy to work in a bar or restaurant in somewhere nice.

He is right, I could have done so much better. Getting an A* isnt easy and it takes alot of revision.

I want to work in the theatre, my dream would to be an actress and the stage, mainly in musicals. Even though I know thats very hard I would be happy with any work in the theatre or I would just be happy to work in a bar or restaurant in somewhere nice.

I think working in a Restaurant would be a pleasant job, but it's also stressing. ;)

And yeah, I'm actually working hard nowadays to get these good marks, It's only I.T and Maths that are the ones that I'm really working on. I got a C+ in I.T and a C in Maths, I've been busy revising all night for Maths.