if gtaIV comes to pc how hard drive space do you think iy will take up?

gtaIV hard drive space how much is requiered  

16 members have voted

1. 1. gb

• 5gb
    • 10 gb
    • 12 gb

I don't think San Andreas PC version was confirmed before the console version was released. And they'd lose lots of sales by not porting it. As much as I love GTA, I wouldn't buy a full console just for that one game.

BTW, was it confirmed that the prob with the 360 was space on the DVD?

Edit: Or the DLC can be bought as add-on in shops.. maybe.

They wouldn't lose lots of sales if it wasn't ported to teh PC but I do agree that its stupid to buy a consoel just for one game.

uh yes they would. many people are only going to buy it for PC when it comes out.

i vote 15 gigs and 2 gigs ram because of the "amazing" draw distance.

Well, the ps3 only has 256 MB RAM, so I guess 1 to 1.5 gig for PC should be enough.

but doesnt it have that XDR thing or whatever?

If IV doesn't get ported to PC, i will find the nearest infant and kick it really, really hard.

me too. anyone wanna join?

It's on, there is this one kid who's like 11 though, who i put through a wooden fence... He'd be good to kick.

And XDR? First time i've ever heard of that. /noob?

Well, the ps3 only has 256 MB RAM, so I guess 1 to 1.5 gig for PC should be enough.

1.5 GB? That's PSP territory. San Andreas for the PC had a 4GB footprint, and judging from the graphics, it would definitely take a lot of space, like 12-15GB. The PS3 manages to do next-gen stuff with only 256MB of RAM because it's a dedicated gaming computer (except when you install Linux on it, or turn it into a barbecue grill), and since a portion of the PCs resources are used by the OS, more memory is needed to run a game.

Look at the screenshots already released, extreme graphics intensive. That = huge files & a PC version will most likely have

more detailed textures than the console version.

Someone said the PS3 has 256 meg of RAM, I just did a quick search & the specs also list 256 meg of VRAM (presume

video RAM). Judging from the PS3 specs, the PC system requirements might not be too far above SA.

Or so we could hope.

1.5 GB? That's PSP territory. San Andreas for the PC had a 4GB footprint, and judging from the graphics, it would definitely take a lot of space, like 12-15GB. The PS3 manages to do next-gen stuff with only 256MB of RAM because it's a dedicated gaming computer (except when you install Linux on it, or turn it into a barbecue grill), and since a portion of the PCs resources are used by the OS, more memory is needed to run a game.

hes talking about ram.

and llama, i thought the xdr thing was special! maybe i am a noob...

hey if the bluray disk holds 40gigs(feel free to correct me if i'm wrong[and have evidence]) then the pc version would not be compatible unless you had more than 8 cd's just to create the pc file. a dvd drive to run faster, more than 2 gigs RAM for quick game play. haha it would be worth it though :coolthumbup:

hey if the bluray disk holds 40gigs(feel free to correct me if i'm wrong[and have evidence]) then the pc version would not be compatible unless you had more than 8 cd's just to create the pc file. a dvd drive to run faster, more than 2 gigs RAM for quick game play. haha it would be worth it though :coolthumbup:

Noob :)

No because the 360 doesn't have a Blu-Ray drive so R* is just going to make it so it works on both Blu-Ray and DVD disc's. Is the DVD disc going to be a dual layer one?

PC's can have bluray players too, n00b.