Manual & Automatic

K9 Krew

I saw this in a topic at GTAGaming and thought it was quite a clever idea.

They should have manual and automatic cars in GTAIV, would be really cool.. and it actually shows the car pulling back a bit to shift, and you can push one of the axis up or down to shift up or down. Also, for bikes it would be nice to see too.. and see the characters or AI's foot move to shift it up or down. Also, if there is going to be inside car view, maybe they might actually have working speedometer, rpms, and show the characters hand move down to the shift to shift up or down.. would be nice.

I love manual cars, and I hated that it didn't have it in any of the other GTA games, maybe this time they might? Can either buy the cars off the lots and choose manual or automatic.

I think that would be pretty good, but a bit annoying if you just want to drive and muck around without having to change gears all the time. it would ofcourse add to the next level of realism.

It would be good for just messing around, but would be annoying for one of those car chase missions.

If you're using automatic for drag racing you're not that bright. You can get better times with manual.

If talking about real life, Autos are better suited for drag racing.

A shiftkit and stall convertor will always get a car faster down the 1/4, than a manual.:)

Especially if the car's Turbocharged, as Autos can still hold a fair amount of boost between gear changes, whereas a manual when changing gears loses boost temporarily, and has to spool the turbo back up.

Edited by Johnny Fidalgo

i think all you have to do if you hopped into a manual is just drive steady, not like those NFS drag racing mode, i had to restart many times for one drag racing :(

automatic is the best, but it's GTA, so what's wrong if we try something new? :lol:

Yeah, I had some difficulties in the NFS drag mode, which often ended up in a blown engine whenever I try to switch gears, but I then got used to it... As for the tranny selection, it would add to the realism if they put manual cars in IV...

That feature would suck

I mostly agree with you on that one.

Driving would get a little complicated in a game if it were like real life to me.

so what? are you guys only see the negative side? manual drivings can be fun, it might be annoying at first because we couldn't know which car is automatic, but we'll learn, we always learn. don't you guys remember SA? where there's a bicycle and new planes that we have to get used to :( ??? besides, it's not that hard remembering which car is auto and manual

so what? are you guys only see the negative side? manual drivings can be fun, it might be annoying at first because we couldn't know which car is automatic, but we'll learn, we always learn. don't you guys remember SA? where there's a bicycle and new planes that we have to get used to :( ??? besides, it's not that hard remembering which car is auto and manual
Or, it should just stay automatic. Think about it, GTA is not all about driving. What if you're trying to escape someone and shoot at the same time? You might die because you were too busy to change gears.

Quoted again for emphasis.

Edited by Donkey Porker

^yes, maybe if we didn't get used to it yet, that problem would be a little bit annoying, but isn't in every car, there's a door to get out and another car to get in :huh: ?

and remember, in real life, the theory is to stay on the second gear(you can also step on it without worrying about blown engine) if you wanna do something else while driving, and i'm sure you're never drive a car if you don't know that simple theory.

second gear is everything ^_^, you can use cellphone while driving, chat w/ your friends in the car, or maybe even...

guys, if we never try something new, there'll never be a GTA, because people would've already deny it

^yes, maybe if we didn't get used to it yet, that problem would be a little bit annoying, but isn't in every car, there's a door to get out and another car to get in :huh: ?

and remember, in real life, the theory is to stay on the second gear(you can also step on it without worrying about blown engine) if you wanna do something else while driving, and i'm sure you're never drive a car if you don't know that simple theory.

second gear is everything ^_^, you can use cellphone while driving, chat w/ your friends in the car, or maybe even...

guys, if we never try something new, there'll never be a GTA, because people would've already deny it

Stop right there. This is not real life. This is a game that supposed to be fun. And what's fun in the game is shooting people chasing you and driving at 80 MPH, driving over peds.

If we tried every stupid idea that came to our mind IRL, we'd be dead. As for game developing, it only takes one crappy feature to bring a game down to the quality of Driv3r. (i.e. NOT GOOD)

Stop right there. This is not real life. This is a game that supposed to be fun. And what's fun in the game is shooting people chasing you and driving at 80 MPH, driving over peds.

If we tried every stupid idea that came to our mind IRL, we'd be dead. As for game developing, it only takes one crappy feature to bring a game down to the quality of Driv3r. (i.e. NOT GOOD)

i know that driv3r is a mistake, but R*would think of something so that the controls wouldn't be so annoying, besides what makes GTA famous? it's the features has never been done before, that's what the game business meant for, creating something new, and thank god for that, we have millions of game varieties, different gameplay and concepts. if we didn't have it we may still be playing mario trying to save the princess. realize something: you could still hold your gameboy playing pacman untill you're dead, or you can sit down w/ your son playing GTA 6 in PS5! game business is dog eats dog, take all the risk you can, and after that the choice is in the hands of God, or fans.

i know that driv3r is a mistake, but R*would think of something so that the controls wouldn't be so annoying, besides what makes GTA famous? it's the features has never been done before, that's what the game business meant for, creating something new, and thank god for that, we have millions of game varieties, different gameplay and concepts. if we didn't have it we may still be playing mario trying to save the princess. realize something: you could still hold your gameboy playing pacman untill you're dead, or you can sit down w/ your son playing GTA 6 in PS5! game business is dog eats dog, take all the risk you can, and after that the choice is in the hands of God, or fans.

Dude this is not new. Manual gears have been here since the 1st racing games...