GTAIV's release marks minus 1,000 days left...

Harwood Butcher

Some of you may have heard the rumors surrounding the year 2012, which is supposedly when some huge event is going to happen that will kill off pretty much everyone and everything.

Well I was just browsing the internet and noticed a counter for this event, which will occur on December 21st or 22nd of the year 2012 and in 73 days from now, GTAIV's release, there will be exactly 1,000 days until this supposed event occurs.

Now I'm not saying Rockstar is releasing GTAIV because of this, but I found it to be sort of a funny coincidence...unless you're not into these sort of things...then you probably won't find this funny.

Edited by Original GTA Master

Thats kind of a scary coincidence, I wonder if the 2012 Leap year day has been included? How do scientists predict the world is going to end or everyone is going to die in 2012, I wonder if there is any proof that it will happen?

I don't think any scientist have predicted that the world would end in 2012. Although, there might be an asteroid collision in 2036 if that makes you feel any better.

I'll be 46 at the time.

That's quite funny.

Thing is... what is special about the number 1000? So there are supposedly exactly a thousand days from GTA IV's release to this particular date when something special is supposed to happen... what's special about that?

The number system we count in is just based on the number of fingers we have, nothing more. So the decimal system has ten numeric symbols (0-9) and they just cycle through and stack up when you run out. There's actually nothing special about 10 or 100 or 1000 or a million or anything.

There IS something special about days and years, cos they're actual physical things (earth rotating, orbiting sun etc). So birthdays are important (aka how many times you've been round the sun). But numbers of years aren't - 100 years is just that many times round the sun, no special number except in our counting system.

So yeah, nothing special about it at all. Barely a coincidence.

That's quite funny.

Thing is... what is special about the number 1000? So there are supposedly exactly a thousand days from GTA IV's release to this particular date when something special is supposed to happen... what's special about that?

The number system we count in is just based on the number of fingers we have, nothing more. So the decimal system has ten numeric symbols (0-9) and they just cycle through and stack up when you run out. There's actually nothing special about 10 or 100 or 1000 or a million or anything.

There IS something special about days and years, cos they're actual physical things (earth rotating, orbiting sun etc). So birthdays are important (aka how many times you've been round the sun). But numbers of years aren't - 100 years is just that many times round the sun, no special number except in our counting system.

So yeah, nothing special about it at all. Barely a coincidence.

Wouldn't you consider 1,000 a nice round number??? I think you just like ripping my topics new assholes. :lolbounce:

You said "The number system we count in"...as if we all use the same number system...pfff.

2012 is also about the magnetic poles flipping. There are so many things on how the world will end in 2012 I find it a joke.

I used the magnetic pole shift scenerio as part of my research paper. :thumbsup:

The shift in magnetic poles is probably what's behind a lot of things attributed to global warming. I remember seeing

something on Discovery Channel saying it happens something like every 20,000 years or so. I think Gordon Michael Scallion

(predicted Northridge & Kobi earthquakes) has a few predictions set for about that time.

http://skepdic.com/scallion.html

So I have 1,000 days to beat GTA4..... :thumbsup:

The shift in magnetic poles is probably what's behind a lot of things attributed to global warming. I remember seeing

something on Discovery Channel saying it happens something like every 20,000 years or so. I think Gordon Michael Scallion

(predicted Northridge & Kobi earthquakes) has a few predictions set for about that time.

http://skepdic.com/scallion.html

So I have 1,000 days to beat GTA4..... :thumbsup:

A magnetic pole shift (MPS) occurs every roughly 730,000-780,000 years. When an MPS occurs our magnetic field stops protecting us from solar flares and harmful UV-B radiations that are usually deflected for the most part. Although our magnetic field would be gone we would still have our atmosphere to protect us from such radiations, but not enough to stop them from harming us such as damaging DNA and killing of plants and animals including a good portion of the human race.

It is said that one should occur soon, but soon doesn't necessarily mean today, tomorrow or next week. This could mean another hundred years or so.

Lol it's not the rapture or anything biblical if you're thinking that, Christians have been trying to predict when it 'will' occur for decades, even the Bible (a book which contradicts itself a number of times) says that nobody will be able to predict when it happens.

And everyone thought the world was going to end On New Year's Eve, 1999.

Spoilers: It's all bullshit.

Some Maya thing, Asteroid ghitting the Earth or something..

but yeah, coincidence O.O

Some people say the world end because of some mayan calander... But others think its like a new civilization thingy. Meh, I bet nothing will happen. Kinda like the year 2000, Another hype.

Wouldn't you consider 1,000 a nice round number??? I think you just like ripping my topics new assholes. :lolbounce:

You said "The number system we count in"...as if we all use the same number system...pfff.

We do all use the same number system. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 etc etc. Because we have 10 fingers, that makes counting in tens easy. Nobody counts in binary or hex or octal or anything, and years are obviously all in decimal.

1000 is only a round number because its the start of a new decimal sequence. Just like FFF + 1 is 100 in hex (which is 256), or 111 + 1 is 1000 in binary (which is 8). It's a round number in the human counting system, entirely man-made, nothing natural.

Lol it's not the rapture or anything biblical if you're thinking that, Christians have been trying to predict when it 'will' occur for decades, even the Bible (a book which contradicts itself a number of times) says that nobody will be able to predict when it happens.

And everyone thought the world was going to end On New Year's Eve, 1999.

Spoilers: It's all bullshit.

Please use spoiler tags.

We do all use the same number system. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 etc etc. Because we have 10 fingers, that makes counting in tens easy. Nobody counts in binary or hex or octal or anything, and years are obviously all in decimal.

1000 is only a round number because its the start of a new decimal sequence. Just like FFF + 1 is 100 in hex (which is 256), or 111 + 1 is 1000 in binary (which is 8). It's a round number in the human counting system, entirely man-made, nothing natural.

You do realize I was...joking...right??? :mellow: