Never Happy.....

right i dont no if its just me BUT some people are NEVER HAPPY.....allways bitchin and pickin at things.....if its not the GFX of san andreas......its the "lack of things to do" in IV and the driving...........if you cant drive in IV DONT DRIVE THEN.....dont blame the game for the fact you suck at drivin, and if theres not enough for you to do after completin IV......then play online or somethin....just stop goddamn bitchin.....some people just dont seem to understand that compremises have to be made and when R* made IV they obviously had to make some compremises to make such a big city with such good GFX.....sein as people seem to be soooo focused on GFX its rather sad and pathetic.

everyone is gonna have differtent opinions that you disagree with

and most people felt that way, and so do i

dont drive in gta?

thats the whole point of the game!

the driving in the game was bad

that doesnt mean we're bad drivers

and the ammount of things to do and the driving are like 2 critical aspects of gta, so if those are bad you're gonna get some complains

and map size had nothing to do with it as it was smaller than SA and SA still had lots more to do

Edited by Jezz Torrent

I find the driving to be fine, it is just MUCH more precise and less forgiving than previous titles.

One has to remember, atleast on the 360 (not sure about the PS3), that the the gas and the brake are incrementally sensitive. For example, you can't jam the throttle, speed a hundred yards and then lock up the brakes and try to turn. This wouldn't work in a real vehicle and doesn't in GTA IV.

The friction used to brake cannot be used to turn and vice versa, just like in a real vehicle.

I do it like this.....

Speed to a a turn, brake hard without locking up prior, release brakes and find your apex and negotiate the turn, then accelerate out. Again, don't jam down the throttle, or the wheels will spin.

Yeah, the driving sucks, if you're a ham-handed 12 year old with no finesse.

:coolthumbup:

Yea, I would have to say there was a little too much hype. People were understandably expecting the best aspects of each version to be in the latest addition to the series. But we all know this is not the case.

As for the driving, yea I disagree with everyone that says it is bad. It just takes practice. There are techniques for sliding around those turns at top speed, you just have to figure it out for yourself.

dont drive in gta?

and the ammount of things to do and the driving are like 2 critical aspects of gta, so if those are bad you're gonna get some complains

and map size had nothing to do with it as it was smaller than SA and SA still had lots more to do

driving is bad? i find it is far from bad driving on this game is much more enjoyable than the others, this time you drive alot more realistically (although i would argue still no where near sim standards). And yes i agree all the complaining annoys me but complaints are inevitable with a game hyped this much.

exactly, the driving is very realistic which makes it bad and harder to drive

it made it less possible to drive good in high speed chases, which is also true in real life

Your only bashing the driving mechanic's because you suck at it.

And what do you mean "SA still had lots more to do"??? Have you done everything in GTA IV?

I doubt you've even finished the story... Too busy bumping into walls, ey?

exactly, the driving is very realistic which makes it bad and harder to drive

it made it less possible to drive good in high speed chases, which is also true in real life

Your only bashing the driving mechanic's because you suck at it.

And what do you mean "SA still had lots more to do"??? Have you done everything in GTA IV?

I doubt you've even finished the story... Too busy bumping into walls, ey?

i have my opinions. you dont like them? get over it and move it.

actually, lots of people feel that way about the driving

yes, i have finished the story, and ive driven around for a while and havent found anything to do

Seriously, there is nothing wrong with the driving, it's much better, just most of you can't bear to be labelled a bad driver.

I agree 100%. at first, i wasnt sure about the driving, because i was still used to san andreas. But as i started getting used to having to slow down before i turn, it rapidly became more enjoyable. After driving for a while, i started to learn to use the ebrake, and now i can drive no problem.

To all the people that have trouble with sliding sideways into walls, try applying the gas at the climax of the turn, instead of just holding a deathgrip on the brake. It will greatly reduce the amount of times you slam into buildings.

And just remember: Just because R* made the driving more realistic, (realistic meaning "closer to real life"), it doesnt make it "bad".

Edited by gtaraider

The biggest difference is the frequency and timing with application of the break (ie,, you have to use it). It's a more realistic driving model closer to Grant Turismo than traditional GTA, I mean its nothing like driving your focus down to the supermarket but its alot closer. Rockstar could quite easily make a fantastic racing game with these mechanics, I'm surprised they haven't yet tbh.

So the controls for driving have changed... Why does everyone have a problem with that? It's all a matter of getting use to it, isn't it? And plus, you'll expect a change to happen, to make it even more challenging for us gamers.

I don't own the game, so this might be a challenging part of the game for me, which will be fun.

dont drive in gta?

The driving system is the best it's ever been. So it's just people aren't used to it yet. I still crash every now and then.

Also just because the map is smaller doesn't mean there's less to do.

IV has the most things to do compared to all GTA games...

right i dont no if its just me BUT some people are NEVER HAPPY.....allways bitchin and pickin at things.....if its not the GFX of san andreas......its the "lack of things to do" in IV and the driving...........if you cant drive in IV DONT DRIVE THEN.....dont blame the game for the fact you suck at drivin, and if theres not enough for you to do after completin IV......then play online or somethin....just stop goddamn bitchin.....some people just dont seem to understand that compremises have to be made and when R* made IV they obviously had to make some compremises to make such a big city with such good GFX.....sein as people seem to be soooo focused on GFX its rather sad and pathetic.

Yeah you are completly right!!!, nobody is perfect, R* did all they could to make this game, and it turned out to be the best game ver, but still it cant have all you want, because it?s imposible, maybe in 20 years when we have better tecnology , and then yes, but right know its all they can do, and still it came out perfect, so dont blame R*, because the truth they used all that they had.