Can my PC run GTA IV?

Chris

is a NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT 512MB good enough

That card is certainly good enough, but it will depend on the rest of your system whether you will be able to play the game.

What is your processor, RAM and OS?

Windows Vista SP1

Intel Pentium DUal Core

Processor E2160

2GB Ram

I may not be an expert on computers but i know for a fact that my Processor aint good enough...so will it be a big problem? aIs it worth buying the graphics card even though my Processor isnt good enough?

Edited by EliteKiller A93

That card is certainly good enough, but it will depend on the rest of your system whether you will be able to play the game.

Windows Vista SP1

Intel Pentium DUal Core

Processor E2160

2GB Ram

I may not be an expert on computers but i know for a fact that my Processor aint good enough...so will it be a big problem? aIs it worth buying the graphics card even though my Processor isnt good enough?

Well that processor may run the game, but even with that card you won't get very good performance. I would reccommend upgrading the processor too. If you're on a budget, go for a card like an ATi 3850 512mb, as it will give you similar performance, but you will probably have enough money to spare to get a decent processor too.

Windows Vista SP1

Intel Pentium DUal Core

Processor E2160

2GB Ram

Well that processor may run the game, but even with that card you won't get very good performance. I would reccommend upgrading the processor too. If you're on a budget, go for a card like an ATi 3850 512mb, as it will give you similar performance, but you will probably have enough money to spare to get a decent processor too.

Thanx for reply...sorry to ask but do you have a link to the ATi 3850 card since i cant find it in Best Buy...or is there anything else a bit better w/o the cost of more than $200

Windows Vista SP1

Intel Pentium DUal Core

Processor E2160

2GB Ram

Thanx for reply...sorry to ask but do you have a link to the ATi 3850 card since i cant find it in Best Buy...or is there anything else a bit better w/o the cost of more than $200

For the price you quoted you can get this:

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-HD48...1211&sr=8-1

or this:

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-01G-P3-N972-TR-...1474&sr=1-1

Edited by Davesta

Windows Vista SP1

Intel Pentium DUal Core

Processor E2160

2GB Ram

For the price you quoted you can get this:

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-HD48...1211&sr=8-1

or this:

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-01G-P3-N972-TR-...1474&sr=1-1

sorry to ask again but what about under $150

Hi all,

I would like to find out whether my system can run GTA4.

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236)

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz

Memory: 2048MB RAM

Card name: RADEON X800 Series

Display Memory: 256.0 MB

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236)

Thanks in advance.

I don't think you'd be able to run the game on that system. You'll need at least a dual core processor (2.4GHz minimum with AMD, although slightly lower will probably be fine), and a new graphics card, preferably with 512mb VRAM (an ATI 3850 or 3870 will do the job for a decent price).

Edited by Davesta

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

go here ----> http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

Throughout the months I'm been debating with myself on graphics card and powersupply choice, I've settled on my graphics card ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814125236 )

Still debating on powersupplies, as my current Aprevia 305W wont handle the above card. I just don't know much about PSUs.

Maybe you guys can help?

(2.4GHz minimum with AMD, although slightly lower will probably be fine)

I don't think that slightly lower than that would be fine. Only if you play with all at minimum, but where's the beauty of the game in that?

I have exactly a 2.4 AMD cpu with an ATI4850. Doesn't run as it should.

I recently put a 2.1GHz AMD X2 processor in my computer temporarily as my 3.1GHz died, and the game ran smoothly (perhaps with a few extra stutters and a slightly lower framerate, as can be expected) on exactly the same settings as before (1600x1200, medium texture quality, high render quality, draw distance 22, detail distance 11, vehicle density 10, shadows 0).

My graphics card is an ATi 3850 512mb with 3GB RAM.

Throughout the months I'm been debating with myself on graphics card and powersupply choice, I've settled on my graphics card ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814125236 )

Still debating on powersupplies, as my current Aprevia 305W wont handle the above card. I just don't know much about PSUs.

Maybe you guys can help?

well maybe a antec earthwatts 430W. i think that should be enough.

Hello Guys

My Pc Config

Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3

Video Card:NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

My Procs Core2Duo E4500 @ 2.20GHz

Ram - 2GB 800MHZ

My Maximum Resoul - 1024*768

Can You Suggest Me A Good Graphics Setting For me to play smothly :D

i just ran a benchmark on random settings

Statistics

Average FPS: 26.77

Duration: 37.24 sec

CPU Usage: 81%

System memory usage: 75%

Video memory usage: 98%

Graphics Settings

Video Mode: 1024 x 768 (75 Hz)

Texture Quality: Low

Render Quality: High

View Distance: 3

Detail Distance: 39

Maybe you guys can help?

well maybe a antec earthwatts 430W. i think that should be enough.

Well this info isn't necessary anymore.

Guys, due to recent problems with my computer I've just decided to canabalize the POS Dell and get a new system all together. I'm also on a better budget since I have a job. Heres my next computer:

The Barebone Kit This kit has a better processor than my current one, a nice case, a good PSU, and later, if I want, I can do SLI with the motherboard, just leaving room open in the future. (Probably would need a new PSU then)

The Hard drive 32MB cache, woo.

The Video Card Beast

All comes out to about $580. Also will probably buy an Acer 22" monitor (# ), because theres no reason to have a HD4870 with 1GB of GDDR5 video memory if you have a 15" monitor like I do.

Edited by Shortbus

Hey everyone,

Before I buy GTA IV, I just wanted to make sure my comp has ANY chance of running it. I've been reading through the thread and have seen others with X1300/X1550s and it is looking pretty grim for my Radeon card. Also wanted to make sure all my other specs are good before I upgrade the video card (if I have to).

Processor: Pentium D 3GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 2046MB

Video Card: ATI Radeon X1300/X1550 256MB

I am thinking on upgrading to a GeForce 9600GT 512MB. Should I?

Also, what does this mean?

gtaplanetic9.th.gif

I'm sure my card is 256MB.

Any help would be great :D

Edited by lightburst

Hey Strike,

Just looked at your post. Although you have the minimum settings, your processor may not be powerful enough to run on medium+. It should run on low though.

EDIT: Installation and everything went fine. The game loads automatically on the lowest settings possible, but it lags horribly in the cutscenes and gameplay. Definitely not playable with my card. Time to upgrade. :)

Also, will an ATI 4670 512MB run it as well?

Edited by lightburst