Is God Real

Butters!

I seriously doubt we are too spoiled right now. How many different types of crisis' do we have right now? Economy, population, global warming, political, poverty, resource. The list goes on.

What kind of sick dad would punish us so many times in one year. We already have enough to deal with without the fucking cancers and earthquakes.

This is why sometimes i wish that if there was a God, he had some sort of disability where he couldn't fix this no matter how hard he tried. Then he wouldn't really be called God by definition.

God knows what he's doing, it's hard for us to understand Him, because He does things different than what we think is normal ... In Bible it is said that God tests Iov's faith in Him by killing all his sons, destroying his house and He also sickens him with Lepra, Iov still has faith in God ... Kinda destructive and hard to excuse God hah?

Oh, no, some people are very mean, and no punishment is enough for them ...

A wise man once said "You must go through Hell to better understand the Paradise" Suffering may lead to ultimate happiness.

Human nature to kill for food you mean? I don't feel the need to kill right now. So did a terrorist came up to you can said God is just an excuse so we could kill other religious groups that are taking control of the holy land. See how much sense that makes.

People kill for various reasons.

God nor religion teachings tell you to kill other people, by the contrary ... It's up to you to decide!

Muslims recognise Allah as the ultimate God, they don't accept other "theories", that's why they're all somehow fanatics.

The Djihad is a Sacred War because they want other people to accept Allah as the only God as the Qur'an and Torah say ...

Bombing buildings and starting a war for imposing "their" God is THEIR CHOICE!

Do you think in Qur'an it is written

"Prove your faith by bombing a car and a building each day" ?

Muslims are acting somehow normal ... Let's say you like a song, don't you want other people to like it as you do? The fact that you tie up your friends beat them up and force them to listen to your song is UP TO YOU.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Jesus Christ was born as a prophet, savior and the only son of God. He is the Christian Messiah, the Jewish people don't believe their Messiah has come yet. The Jewish people believe in Jesus, believe he did great things and was a Holy, spiritual person, but that he wasn't their Savior and are still awaiting their own.

Also, to the few of you posting in this topic who don't believe in a deity(s). Please, stop referring to someone's God as "The Invisible Man" as it is offensive. You may not believe in God or think Religion is stupid but don't belittle someone's faith because you can't comprehend why someone would put their faith in a higher power.

Edit: This topic has gotten way off track. It was about the large particle accelerator and the possible scientific discoveries there after. If I'm not mistaken there is a Religion/Beliefs topic already...

Technically, "the invisible man" is not offensive rather the truth. If the truth was 1+1=2, then it wouldn't be offensive to call 1+1=3 bullshit.

You can't be offensive if it is not actually real. Please don't make me argue how it all ain't real. Unless providing proven evidence don't bother posting.

Take your own advice. Unless you can provide to me proven evidence that God doesn't exist than don't bother posting yourself. "The Invisible Man" is offensive to people who have faith. Don't bring up the over used argument you've been regurgitating about, "Science has proved the Earth is older than 5 000 years old, therefore God is fake." The Bible, more so the Old Testament, is a series of stories explaining the divinity and power of God. Taking it literally is like believing wolves can really wear your Nan's clothes and use seductive measures to try to eat you.

I believe in God, in a higher power. I believe in all the science stuff also. Have any of you "Religion bashers" sat down without your cynicism and thought, "Science may be the answer to how we are here but not why? That's my view on everything. Supposedly the Big Bang is how everything started. But before then, there was absolute nothing. How can an explosion appear from nothing without something or someone to give it a hand?

Lets bring the argument back a bit closer to our solar system. You're telling me that "it's just one of those things" that Earth is like it is? That there couldn't have been a higher power behind it all seeing as Earth is the perfect distance away from the sun. Isn't too hot or too cold, perfect conditions to sustain life, while every other planetary body in the system is pretty much uninhabitable (for now).

Don't bring up the argument of "If God is real, why does he sit around watching the world go the way it is". God isn't intervening because, as has been said before, our lives on Earth are a test of our faith and humanity. It's a test to see if we can have faith through all the shit that's going on and still persevere through the tough times. God watching us and doing nothing, the same argument you use could be put on ourselves. Wildlife documentary filmmakers, those Animal lovers are the same as you're cynical view on God. They love animals, as God loves us, but they sit there on their thumbs whilst watching innocent animals being slaughtered by one another. Watching innocent gazelle being orphaned in front of their eyes and they do nothing.

Toonskull has said it best. I can't convince you or prove to you that God exists, but you can't prove to me he doesn't. To be definitively sure God doesn't exist you yourself would have to be God, the Atheistic paradox.

Take your own advice. Unless you can provide to me proven evidence that God doesn't exist than don't bother posting yourself.
Please don't make me argue how it all ain't real.

FFS. If you did study science, i wouldn't need to explain. I've already explained it in this topic many times.

"Science may be the answer to how we are here but not why? Supposedly the Big Bang is how everything started. But before then, there was absolute nothing. How can an explosion appear from nothing without something or someone to give it a hand?

WHAT. You might as well rip the Bible in half. So if we were right about most the stuff, what makes you think the why is also real?

You're telling me that "it's just one of those things" that Earth is like it is? That there couldn't have been a higher power behind it all seeing as Earth is the perfect distance away from the sun. Isn't too hot or too cold, perfect conditions to sustain life, while every other planetary body in the system is pretty much uninhabitable (for now).

We are one of trillions of trillions of planets that got lucky in having most things perfect. I never said there couldn't be a higher power. Just not one of those that you guys are talking about.

Don't bring up the argument of "If God is real, why does he sit around watching the world go the way it is". God isn't intervening because, as has been said before, our lives on Earth are a test of our faith and humanity. It's a test to see if we can have faith through all the shit that's going on and still persevere through the tough times. God watching us and doing nothing, the same argument you use could be put on ourselves. Wildlife documentary filmmakers, those Animal lovers are the same as you're cynical view on God. They love animals, as God loves us, but they sit there on their thumbs whilst watching innocent animals being slaughtered by one another. Watching innocent gazelle being orphaned in front of their eyes and they do nothing.

What test? Oh sorry you failed the test because you were born with diseases, into different religion, blind, deaf, poor family...But you could of grew wings and flew to a Christian church.

Maybe because the filmmakers get paid for it? They wouldn't be called animal lovers if that happened anyway.

I can't convince you or prove to you that God exists, but you can't prove to me he doesn't.

You can't convince me because you have no evidence. I can't convince you because you all are too stubborn to sit through and listen to actual evidence of creation of earth.

Your exception to believing 1/10 of the bible yet still believing in god really just makes you even more stubborn.

If Cain and Able where Adam and Eves only children, how come there are Billions of people on earth today? :huh:

Inbreeding!

So I finish up here ---for what I hope to be my last post in this very odd thread--- all beings in this universe come to question why they are here. I found the answer quicker than most. Most of you follow the teachings of some one you respect like a parent or a teacher. At some point in your life you will have a very personal experience. When that happens you are given a gift, a peek behind the magician's curtain and you will be in awe. Some of you will later reject the experience as though it did not exist. Others will misunderstand and try very hard to place it within their current belief system. Others yet will desire to know more about it and study as I have. You cannot share a personal experience it will come without warning and go just as quick. My advice to all is stay away from the man with all the answers, he also has the poisoned kool-aid and wants you to share a trip on the UFO behind the comet. I will be 15 this March and my Dad has said that my wisdom has surpassed his own. Both my Mom and Dad are Methodists, I am not. But my Dad told me a few years ago that the poorest man is one without faith he has nothing to look forward to and worries if the Sun will rise the next day.

THE END! :clapping:

LOLZ..... You're trying to say that we will all have an 'awakening' and we'll either be "smart" and follow it, like you, or "stupid/ignorant/arrogant" and ignore it, like "scientists", right?

And now are you relating wisdom to religious beliefs? I have virtually no religious beliefs, yet I am filled with wisdom, both learned and discovered. Apparently you haven't learned yet, though, that a wise man doesn't need to tell another man that he is wise.

Didn't you say God had all the answers? Then does that mean we should stay away from him? Good advice. I'm sure he appreciates you telling people this.

I blame the invisable man because he lets bad things happen to innocent people.

nobody is innocent, all of us are sinners. And no matter how good or bad you are in this world, you will still die.

and if you would ask me, i still blame humans for that, an example is "abortion", people abort fetus for their personal benefit, God lets it but humans make it possible.

Why are all of us sinners? When we are born, we have done nothing except move out of another person's body. Unless of course you believe in reincarnation and karma, both of which are not common beliefs for Christians. Then that idea would make perfect sense, "paying" for karma from your past lives. But... That is just absurd to believe, isn't it?

It is human nature to kill. It started with Cain and Abel as the Bible says.

While it may be human nature to kill, that certainly doesn't justify killing in the name of your favorite invisible man. If the people who murdered others in the name of God were never taught the religious garbage, they never would have committed the crimes.

The so called "religious truth" is not the one that makes people kill, it's Satan, using it agaist the week humans.

@Slyde: Imagine God as a father, he punishes his sons when they are naughty, otherwise the sons would become too spoilt, caressed ... Sometimes He punishes the good sons too, just to make sure He punishes them all ... When He does it, Satant tries to takes advantage and get more people on his side making people doubt God ...

Those who suffer will be happy at the end of days. It will all be compensated sometime, this life or the other.

One of my class-mates says religion does not exist infact, because people are equal, only God is superior so there must be a DIRECT relation between you and God, Churches, priests and others stuff are not really needed ...

No, it's religion that makes them kill. Without the knowledge of the religion, they wouldn't feel the need to pass on the knowledge and make sure everyone shares the exact same knowledge as them, going as far as killing them for disagreeing.

And your friend is right, all of that is unnecessary. Pagans usually get along just fine without any of those.

As I said before, it is human nature to kill, believing in God as an excuse for killing is a lame human excuse.

Human nature is to survive. Killing in the name of a holy spirit is not survival, it's domination.

Because Jesus Christ was born as a prophet, savior and the only son of God. He is the Christian Messiah, the Jewish people don't believe their Messiah has come yet. The Jewish people believe in Jesus, believe he did great things and was a Holy, spiritual person, but that he wasn't their Savior and are still awaiting their own.

Also, to the few of you posting in this topic who don't believe in a deity(s). Please, stop referring to someone's God as "The Invisible Man" as it is offensive. You may not believe in God or think Religion is stupid but don't belittle someone's faith because you can't comprehend why someone would put their faith in a higher power.

Edit: This topic has gotten way off track. It was about the large particle accelerator and the possible scientific discoveries there after. If I'm not mistaken there is a Religion/Beliefs topic already...

It is only offensive because you want to take it offensively. Considering how this is an issue of faith and belief, if I don't believe he exists, he is an "invisible man". Therefore, you calling him God and saying he exists is offensive to me. Stop saying it. I don't like it.

I blame the invisable man because he lets bad things happen to innocent people.

nobody is innocent, all of us are sinners. And no matter how good or bad you are in this world, you will still die.

and if you would ask me, i still blame humans for that, an example is "abortion", people abort fetus for their personal benefit, God lets it but humans make it possible.

Why are all of us sinners? When we are born, we have done nothing except move out of another person's body. Unless of course you believe in reincarnation and karma, both of which are not common beliefs for Christians. Then that idea would make perfect sense, "paying" for karma from your past lives. But... That is just absurd to believe, isn't it?

well, we Filipinos do believe in karma even though we are Christians, even before Christianity arrived in the Philippines, some other Asian religions already influenced our beliefs.

So I could just be a dick in this life and spoil it for the next guy?

Isn't it meant to be a fresh start? I would think.

well if you are referring to karma, it is simply just the same person just reincarnating in a different form...

and having a new life is a fresh start but you still need to pay for your previous sins

I don't think God exists. I used to but everything is turning very anti-religious especially what I think America is doing, going into the Middle East and killing Muslims because they say they are terrorists. No, I don't think God exists, if there was some God then he/she/it would stop all this shit. I believe more in Ancient Greek gods and godesses than this big man who created Earth, the universe etc.

When people say how come we are the only planet that can have life, they say this couldn't of happened out of chance where everything is exactly perfect, well it could, no other planet has been lucky, but we have, that's all, out of all the billions of other planets.

Somewhere in another galaxy, there will probably be a planet very similar.

Edited by Twisted

And there are millions of Galaxies. I highly doubt there would not be a planet similar to ours with only a few differences. But out of all planets we know about we are definately superior. There are reasons why I don't believe in a God, how can one create such a big thing such as the Universe and not to forget that it was probably small and got bigger. You can't make water and he aparently made seas, lakes, rivers etc. on one of his 7 days.

Edited by Thomas.

I don't think God exists. I used to but everything is turning very anti-religious especially what I think America is doing, going into the Middle East and killing Muslims because they say they are terrorists. No, I don't think God exists, if there was some God then he/she/it would stop all this shit. I believe more in Ancient Greek gods and godesses than this big man who created Earth, the universe etc.

How much do you care when you see a bunch of ants having a war ?

have you ever read some Greek epic stories where the protagonist can confuse or fool a god/goddess... it was quite funny.

So when is the real big bang recreation going to happen?

Oh shi! i got off-topic...

God might be real. If he was, he will either be

1. One evil son of a bitch.

2. Bored ass God that has "lived" too long and wants to play "kill the innocent people".

3. Kind God but has incredible "mental and physical" dysfunction to undo his mistakes.

4. A young baby God that is trying to pass his exam on creating a perfect world so that his daddy can make for him a copy of GTA 69.

5. Already left to do Earth version 9273.029371 Beta

EDIT: I think it's number 2.

Edited by Slyde

I don't know about Thomas, but I start lolling because it's funny.

But we're not ants, we're humans, we have emotions that you can see, etc.

well, we do have emotions but some people are mindless freaks

good example is Bush, he only thinks that he will pwn all the terrorists in just matter of months, and look now, his expensive wars damaged American economy a lot gaining nothing except criticisms and shoes.

you see, even we have emotions but we don't think on what are we doing we could be like ants

good example is Bush, he only thinks that he will pwn all the terrorists in just matter of months, and look now, his expensive wars damaged American economy a lot gaining nothing except criticisms and shoes.

you see, even we have emotions but we don't think on what are we doing we could be like ants

It was a bad move but Bush can't read the future. At the time many people thought it was a good move.

It was a bad move but Bush can't read the future. At the time many people thought it was a good move.

but did he ever think of other possible consequences with his move? I'm pretty sure he was fueled by his anger after 9/11 attacks.

btw, I'm going off topic now

Things ants don't have:

Morals

Value Systems

Governments

Religion

Terrorism

Democracy

Willpower

Nukes

If ants did have these, then we could probably relate to them. But we don't. When a leader decides for / against going to war, whether you like it or not, it's as much about his approval rating as it is about National Security.