Chinatown Wars lets you buy and sell drugs

Ivan

gtadrugs.jpg

"Worried that GTA: Chinatown Wars was going to be a watered-down GTA experience? As in, toned down for the kids? No need to worry about that, as it's been revealed that not only do Rockstar have Nintendo's blessing to pitch the game at adults ("They didn’t want us to make a GTA for kids, and we weren’t interested in making a game we wouldn’t normally make), but that the game will let the player buy and sell prohibited narcotics. In a drug-dealing minigame. There's six drugs on offer, all of them real drugs, so if you're one of those strange, insecure types who like to get super-defensive in advance of sensationalist tabloid headlines, now's the time to start ensuring your hackles are raised."

Source

So what are your thoughts on this?

What? No Mandy? Ketamine? Meths?

Lol at having a drug dealing mini game, usually it's like... brush the pony's hair, bathe the dog, etc. The brevity of this is weird though, on a console that is marketed directly and deliberately at the younger generation ( for the most part) this is astounding. Like, on the 360, PS3, marketed at older people (who can afford them more easily) there wasn't this in IV, etc. You get what I'm saying though.

i think this new feature will decide wether GTA: CW is going to be good or suck. the selection of drugs is okay, yet it might get boring after a while, but i can't judge on that. it might be cool, especially if we can rely on selling drugs whenever we need money.

if it's good maybe they will add this feature to the next console GTA :coolthumbup:

Edited by Denny Crane!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Maybe it's just me, but a game that's centered on the buying and selling of drugs isn't as appealing as a normal GTA game with killing, racing, and randomness. The idea of CW reminds me of these Internet flash games where you're a drug lord controlling a business, and that's all you do, all the time. Hopefully CW won't be all drugs and will include some classic missions that bring back the 'flavor' of GTA.

It's pretty cool to have the drug dealing feature in CW. I'm not no fan of drugs, but this could be an interesting feature as it could affect you throughout the whole game. So say for instance you take weed, not that I've taken it, but your vision would turn blurry making your screen all blurred and making it harder for you to move about. That was a feature in VCS, which was a really big pain, but eventually you made it towards the end. Something like it but removing the hardened controls would do awesomely.

Hopefully in future GTA's this will be incorporated.

Oh and Bear, this game isn't for kids, just because Nintendo has always had games based for Kids, fact is, it's a game, and it will have it's Mature rating (17+). Plus it won't be clean and shiny, it will be dirty and grim, so it wouldn't be suited for kids. But I see where you're coming from though. Even I thought of it that way once, until I realized that.

Edited by TM™

It's pretty cool to have the drug dealing feature in CW. I'm not no fan of drugs, but this could be an interesting feature as it could affect you throughout the whole game. So say for instance you take weed, not that I've taken it, but your vision would turn blurry making your screen all blurred and making it harder for you to move about. That was a feature in VCS, which was a really big pain, but eventually you made it towards the end. Something like it but removing the hardened controls would do awesomely.

Hopefully in future GTA's this will be incorporated.

Oh and Bear, this game isn't for kids, just because Nintendo has always had games based for Kids, fact is, it's a game, and it will have it's Mature rating (17+). Plus it won't be clean and shiny, it will be dirty and grim, so it wouldn't be suited for kids. But I see where you're coming from though. Even I thought of it that way once, until I realized that.

They had that feature in Saints Row 1 and 2, it was a pretty neat feature I guess. Didn't really add to the gameplay in anyway but just cool to see it in the game. If they put that feature in this game I wonder what would happen if you took all the drugs at once... :rolleyes:

Edited by Artur

I know its not for kids, R* arent trying to train the kiddies to be the next generation of junkies and dealers................or are they? Conspiracy!

What retard would I have to be to think three year olds would be opening this up on Christmas day, and the parents saying "you sell as much coke as you want :)"

• 3 weeks later...