Why does Vista suck?

Damjan

Yeah it doesn't. People who say it does are either just sheep following a crowd, or quite often they happened to try a beta version of it (those did suck, lacked drivers etc.) and believe the final build is exactly like that, which it isn't.

A common complaint is the fact is that it uses more resources, memory/space etc., than XP. Which is kind of a given though, it has more stuff so of course it will. If you have a low end system then yes, XP is probably a better option, it doesn't mean Vista sucks, it just means you need better hardware to run it properly.

All operating systems have legitimate reasons why they "suck", Vista just got more stick because 1. It's by Microsoft, and 2. It was rushed and it could've been a better product.

Yeah it doesn't. People who say it does are either just sheep following a crowd, or quite often they happened to try a beta version of it (those did suck, lacked drivers etc.) and believe the final build is exactly like that, which it isn't.

A common complaint is the fact is that it uses more resources, memory/space etc., than XP. Which is kind of a given though, it has more stuff so of course it will. If you have a low end system then yes, XP is probably a better option, it doesn't mean Vista sucks, it just means you need better hardware to run it properly.

All operating systems have legitimate reasons why they "suck", Vista just got more stick because 1. It's by Microsoft, and 2. It was rushed and it could've been a better product.

So people who have windows XP say that Vista sucks is because they are jealous because they don't have Vista?

So people who have windows XP say that Vista sucks is because they are jealous because they don't have Vista?

Why did you quote my post? It had nothing to do with jealousy. If that's all you got from it then you need to improve your comprehension skills. I was addressing people's ignorance.

Quite frankly, regardless of what anyone says about Vista, MICROSOFT IS RELEASING A NEW OS. THEY ADMIT IT'S A SHITTY OS.

Partly true, dunno why you CAPS LOCK OMFG that but yeah. If anyone's thinking of upgrading now, don't. Wait til 7 comes out because it's actually looking like Windows Vista done properly, in other words, a pretty decent OS.

Why did you quote my post? It had nothing to do with jealousy. If that's all you got from it then you need to improve your comprehension skills. I was addressing people's ignorance.

Quite frankly, regardless of what anyone says about Vista, MICROSOFT IS RELEASING A NEW OS. THEY ADMIT IT'S A SHITTY OS.

Partly true, dunno why you CAPS LOCK OMFG that but yeah. If anyone's thinking of upgrading now, don't. Wait til 7 comes out because it's actually looking like Windows Vista done properly, in other words, a pretty decent OS.

I didnt know you hated vista whn you use it on the post your desktop topic.

Learn to read Husky, seriously, you're blatant ignorance annoys the shit out of me.

Unless anyone else reading my posts thinking I hate Vista? I've been using it as my main OS for well over a year now, I like it, I don't deny it doesn't have flaws, but it's been fine for me. No major problems, drivers for every possible thing I could want, every game runs smooth as hell etc.

Learn to read Husky, seriously, you're blatant ignorance annoys the shit out of me.

Unless anyone else reading my posts thinking I hate Vista? I've been using it as my main OS for well over a year now, I like it, I don't deny it doesn't have flaws, but it's been fine for me. No major problems, drivers for every possible thing I could want, every game runs smooth as hell etc.

No , no , no ,no. Chris I did not read your post all the way through. To be honest I didnt even read your post, until now. I just saw you use the word it does suck. And on the other topics like " Post your desktop " you use the vista theme. Are you using the windows XP operating system with a vista theme? Thats what I was trying to say. I don't mean to be blatant or annoying. I was just asking a dumb question. Sorry Chris.

You just said it was perfect, BTW. :bleh:

And I'm sorry, but I don't find it more user-friendly. I bashed my head in trying to get it to remember settings, and still I couldn't open IE without YIM opening. And flashy isn't really that appealing to me. Sure, at first I'm like, "Oh that looks cool", then I'm just like, "What the fuck ever".

Vista sucks? It doesn't.

I'm using Vista x64 on my system, and it runs like a charm. Obviously my specs are Intel Core 2 Quad, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD etc. etc. And it runs super smooth. At the end of the day, it just requires a pretty decent PC to run it on, if you don't have a decent PC, then you're just not going to experience what you're suppose to. My PC is a Mid-end so it's running fine on it.

What else... Vista has an awesome theme, I don't know why you guys hate it, it's way better than XP.

Most of these XP dudes need to move on from XP, they seriously shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, even if they have tried it, it's improved, and runs nicely.

No , no , no ,no. Chris I did not read your post all the way through. To be honest I didnt even read your post, until now. I just saw you use the word it does suck. And on the other topics like " Post your desktop " you use the vista theme. Are you using the windows XP operating system with a vista theme? Thats what I was trying to say. I don't mean to be blatant or annoying. I was just asking a dumb question. Sorry Chris.

Oh my God. He just said that he's using Vista as his primary OS.

To be honest I didnt even read your post, until now. I just saw you use the word it does suck.

A forum is supposed to encourage responses from what others say, clearly you just make up what other people say in your head and take it from there. Way to internet.

I was going to upgrade a while back when i got my new comp, but I think I'm gonna wait for another upgrade (hopefully) and get seven.

Husky, your level of fail is reaching raybob proportions, I feel I need to stop you.

Chris' first post in this topic which is what you used to start all this has NOTHING that says Vista itself sucks. He says that quite often, it is the people who tried a BETA of Vista who have this belief that the full OS is shit. He said the BETA sucked, most BETA's do. They are used to test and find out the bugs, lack of features etc.

There is nothing in this post which says Vista sucks. Please go over it and find where you believe he said Vista sucks.