Awards?

There used to be a few ideas floating around: View Topic, and even a "most helpful member" award

It was conducted pretty badly and the process was too open - everybody could see who got the awards quite early on as they were being decided. If it was repeated, it would have to be implemented a lot more professionally. I'd help with that if needed.

But I like the idea, and I think it should be used for the benefit of the community here - news on the main site and everything, to get people interested. A fairly long run-up (couple of weeks) would help people show off their skills and helpfulness etc.

As for prizes, merchandise (GTA or TGTAP) would be the most useful, although other things such as points (for spending in the forum shop) or a free subscription (blog or gallery) would be easier for the crew here.

just because their good members doesnt mean they should get upgraded to moderator though. I think you should earn it not win it.

Agreed, if a person is really active and helpful for a month and stuff and then they are "promoted" to a moderator and then they start to over use the control they have and create chaos. Now multiply this by atleast 3 people and we have one messed up forum. So I agree with most people here that we should have other prizes like points, stuff from the GTA Store, etc. Good idea though, Chris should really take this into consideration.

Now wasn't there some kind of a mod that allows members to rate other members?

Although I believe TGTAP should make a short survey by the end of the year, where people could vote for best member, worst member, best topic, worst topic, best avatar, etc.

Oh yes, I don't think that people should get promoted to a mod just like that. Some people are happy with being just an ordinary member, then you have the veterans group, and in the end, you can becoma a staff if you deserve it, you want it, and if other staff is ok that.

Agreed, if a person is really active and helpful for a month and stuff and then they are "promoted" to a moderator and then they start to over use the control they have and create chaos. Now multiply this by atleast 3 people and we have one messed up forum. So I agree with most people here that we should have other prizes like points, stuff from the GTA Store, etc. Good idea though, Chris should really take this into consideration.

Ya,Chris should think about this.More then Chris actually.Like all the staff.But turning right into a moderator or staff I think is a tad bit out of the question.Stuff like getting more money,stuff from store,etc would be goood but we could get better stuff as we keep winning awards or the better an award,the better prize you get.But still,wouldn't this get some of peope on TGTAP get angry about not winning with some people acting like they act?

Edited by $GTA_4_LIFE_$

It wasn't taken seriously last time, a bit off the cuff. The winners were just picked by the staff, completely in public in that topic, and they kept changing the recipients. If we're gonna do it again it needs to be done in private but with some big announcements about it.

So I'm thinking a post on the main site to say we're having a competition in 2 weeks so please signup and see if you can win by becoming "most helpful new member" (spam warning). Then a topic with the nominations, then a topic with the voting (done properly) OR a hidden staff topic where they can decide BEFORE releasing the results in another big announcement.

Doing it that way will bring so much more to the forums than a random small topic tucked away in fun+games somewhere.

• 4 weeks later...

Just like to say that awards WILL happen this year. I will be creating a topic for elite members shortly where we will decide upon the categories, then depending on some other things, we'll do nominations, finally, everyone will be able to vote.

In addition to this, the prestigious sexiest member award will be having it's own topic soon, due to its immense popularity. Guys, try and get your girl friends to sign up here (assuming they have at least some interest in gta and/or forums in general). Unless I can get kokane to return we have about 1 active female member I think, we need a minimum of 3 to have a sexiest female award otherwise it's just pointless.

lol yeah that would be cool, but then chris and gerard would get a bunch of annoying emails that will say to put them on it. how bout we make it, and warn people not do give emails about there rank on the list, no matter what.

Ya,we could like ban or suspend them for that.Hopefully we wouldn't get to much of them though.

Just like to say that awards WILL happen this year. I will be creating a topic for elite members shortly where we will decide upon the categories, then depending on some other things, we'll do nominations, finally, everyone will be able to vote.

In addition to this, the prestigious sexiest member award will be having it's own topic soon, due to its immense popularity. Guys, try and get your girl friends to sign up here (assuming they have at least some interest in gta and/or forums in general). Unless I can get kokane to return we have about 1 active female member I think, we need a minimum of 3 to have a sexiest female award otherwise it's just pointless.

Yes at least 3 Chris :P:coolthumbup: But sweet about you guys actually doing that this year.You guys just make TGTAP better and better every day.Thanks...

This is going to be great, if you dont mind about how many categories will there be, what are the prizes, probaly money though, im just curious. :D