Post Your GTA4 Fan Art

Dmac

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, fan art isn't suppose to be a prediction, it's a personal expression on what it could/should/might look like. And OGTAM is right, this goes in the fan art topic. What makes yours so special to receive it's own topic?

Exactly.

Well thank you on the first comment.

Merged, posts edited accordingly.

Also, pretty good boxart, but what is the background in the far right section from?

Thanks, that was some artwork I found at GTAForums.com's GTA IV site, I think it's also on TheGTAPlace's artwork section for GTA IV. It's just some scenery, I think it was just used as a backround for a few magazines or something.

All i can tell you about the guy in the bottom left is that he is a "big shot" in the city, C.E.O. of GetaLife insurance who "the character" works for and later betrays.

Whoops, didn't read what the rest of the yopic said. >.<

Anyway, there were derogitary commenrs, re: IJWT an R* rep here.. sorry.

will post soon

here we are:

th.f1b3b7f58e.jpg

click to enlarge!

will comment later, some stuff to add, but i'm off out now Cya!

OK, i'm back. I decide to give the text something a little more than what it was, and it also (hopefully, i don't know the details of the images) depicts the 4 different boroughs re-created.... Though i could of done something a little more imaginative... I'll try again in time, better that ever before!

edit again: yeah the gaps between the text are a little gay, but i couldnt find gently caress all else to go in there. he things will be different text basically is the name of the 1st trailer, and a reference to the next gen thing, and a quote from niko. Big frickin whoop.

Edited by MrLlamaLlama

But anyways, why should the "Grand Theft Auto" be changed? Rockstar are saying they are making the game different from other GTA's, so I changed the box style a little. Big whoop.

Well I wasn't saying it had to be that way. I'm personally not used to it like that and yes there might and probably most likely will be a change in the appearance and may not even have the same font. Anyways, you did a good job. I'll post another one that I have in mind that might be another possible look they'll have for the next generation of GTA games.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I worked pretty hard on this so please leave comments. Rank them if you'd like.

Regular

gtaivboxart2signaturelo9.jpg

Special Edition(No Cover)

gtaivboxartspecialeditijm5.jpg

Special Edition(With Cover and regular boxart)

gtaivboxartspecialedtiovz8.jpg

Special Edition(With Cover)

gtaivboxartspecialedtiowf1.jpg

Edited by Original GTA Master

nice work there

hehe here is mine. all rights reserved so if i find these on the internet i will track you down like a dog and eat you for breakfest

normal edition:

:mellow: GTA :mellow:

:D IV :D

special edition:

:ph34r: GTA :weird:

:gappy: IV :pissed:

what do ya think? i personaly think its the best for now :D

tools used to make the supper dupper covers:

a logitech g5 (i think) mouse:

a grey icemat for the mouse:

a logitech keyboard:

the good old forum:

and some seriusly hard work:

note: this is just a joke i do not mean to offend anyone by making these. i totaly respect ppl making fan art/covers for gta IV and i admire their work

Edited by frontier

All i can tell you about the guy in the bottom left is that he is a "big shot" in the city, C.E.O. of GetaLife insurance who "the character" works for and later betrays.

Whoops, didn't read what the rest of the yopic said. >.<

Anyway, there were derogitary commenrs, re: IJWT an R* rep here.. sorry.

will post soon

here we are:

th.f1b3b7f58e.jpg

click to enlarge!

will comment later, some stuff to add, but i'm off out now Cya!

OK, i'm back. I decide to give the text something a little more than what it was, and it also (hopefully, i don't know the details of the images) depicts the 4 different boroughs re-created.... Though i could of done something a little more imaginative... I'll try again in time, better that ever before!

edit again: yeah the gaps between the text are a little gay, but i couldnt find gently caress all else to go in there. he things will be different text basically is the name of the 1st trailer, and a reference to the next gen thing, and a quote from niko. Big frickin whoop.

Wow thats really good, but I suggest taking out the things will be different bit. Looks very proffesional and well done especially with G, D, T and I continuing off the boxart. Well Done!

OGTAM I like yours too, the emboss looks good.

Everybody else, yours are all great. Maybe I'll get round to making one sometime..

too many straight lines ogtam. and smooth the edges and use the real gta logo because its too pixely. you can do those effects to it though but after.

Well it doesn't really matter how many straight lines or diagonal lines there are...I guess that'd be an opinion. I'm not sure what you mean about smoothing the edges, but that is the real GTA logo. I grabbed it from the official GTAIV site. I'm not quite sure what you meant about effects, but thanks for all your inputs on the box art. :D

EDIT: If you could elaborate on what you're talking about, I'll try to improve that box art when I get home.

look at the gta sign. it looks all messed up and pixely. the IV sign is okay, it just needs some contrast, sharpening than gaussian blur. And look at the seperator lines. There all pixely and need to be blended. And the ogtam sign at the bottom right needs to be in the "crisp" format so it looks like writing and not a typewriter. Might wanna put a ps2, ps3, or xbox case around it too.

OH also put some black on the OUTSIDE of the pictures like dmacs but make it tilted and not perfectly straight. sortof like the vice city cover.

Edited by tilly

look at the gta sign. it looks all messed up and pixely. the IV sign is okay, it just needs some contrast, sharpening than gaussian blur. And look at the seperator lines. There all pixely and need to be blended. And the ogtam sign at the bottom right needs to be in the "crisp" format so it looks like writing and not a typewriter. Might wanna put a ps2, ps3, or xbox case around it too.

OH also put some black on the OUTSIDE of the pictures like dmacs but make it tilted and not perfectly straight. sortof like the vice city cover.

I don't know how to do most of the things you're suggesting.

• "it looks all messed up and pixely." (You're probably seeing the same thing I am with the computer I'm currently using, which is a shitty computer. On my computer that I used to make that didn't show any "pixely" problems.)
  • "the IV sign is okay, it just needs some contrast, sharpening than gaussian blur." (I'm not sure what a gaussian blur is.)
  • "And look at the seperator lines. There all pixely and need to be blended." (You're probably referring to the diagonal lines, which look like more of a problem on this computer than on my computer. I'm not sure how to fix that because I made the lines in paint and transferred the picture onto that box art.)
  • "And the ogtam sign at the bottom right needs to be in the "crisp" format so it looks like writing and not a typewriter." (I personally didn't try to make that look good at all; I just wanted to get the point across that that's my box art.)
  • "Might wanna put a ps2, ps3, or xbox case around it too." (I would put the PS3 case around it, but it's just a clear case with the Blu Ray logo on it...I'd see no point in doing that.)
  • "put some black on the OUTSIDE of the pictures like dmacs but make it tilted and not perfectly straight. sortof like the vice city cover." (Would having a boarder make it actually look better? I think the "tilted" looking boarder is basically an opinion.)

Again, thanks for your suggestions and when I get back to my place I'll try to revise it a bit.

I made a new GTAIV Boxart. Let me know what you think and rank it if you'd like.

gtaivboxart3signatureqt1.jpg

That's actually the closest to the current trend of GTA boxarts I've seen yet. Complete with the helicopter in the top left corner.

Not sure why people make a big deal out of these boxarts, though. Sure, they are cool and nicely done, but it's just images that you guys have cut into shape and pasted a logo on top of.... It would be way different if you made the images yourselves.

too many straight lines ogtam. and smooth the edges and use the real gta logo because its too pixely. you can do those effects to it though but after.

Too many straight lines? Since when were you the one creating it? HE is the one creating it, so HE decides what is "too many" and what isn't.

I made a new GTAIV Boxart. Let me know what you think and rank it if you'd like.

gtaivboxart3signatureqt1.jpg

That's actually the closest to the current trend of GTA boxarts I've seen yet. Complete with the helicopter in the top left corner.

Not sure why people make a big deal out of these boxarts, though. Sure, they are cool and nicely done, but it's just images that you guys have cut into shape and pasted a logo on top of.... It would be way different if you made the images yourselves.

I did try to be a little more creative with my special editions and shit. Since we're trying to make box arts that may be what the cover of GTAIV will look like, we're using the official art work that Rockstar might use for the cover if they were to go with the old look they had with GTAIII-VCS.

Thanks for the compliment by the way. :thumbsup:

EDIT: I attempted to patch up some of the problems tilly suggested that I fix, so let me know what you think.

BTW, I have Photoshop...

gtaivboxart32lz5.jpg