2 Days to Vegas

Ivan

Something interesting:

This information comes from www.psu.com

PSU Exclusive: 2 Days 2 Vegas in 2 Days

Posted on January 19th, 2008 at 15:25 EDT

Starting on Monday, PSU will be releasing new details and media for 2 Days 2 Vegas, a highly anticipated title for the PlayStation 3 and PC. Combining large full scale cities, realistic AI simulation, and life-like visuals, 2 Days 2 Vegas should be a top competitor for the best sandbox action/adventure.

Before we begin our feature on Monday, we just wanted to remind you guys of some details we have covered over the last couple years.

The storyline follows a man named Vinny, who just after being released from Rikers Prison finds out that his younger brother Tony is in some trouble in Las Vegas. Over the course of 48 hours, players will trek across America hitting major cities on their way to the City of Sin. So far the only confirmed locations include New York and Las Vegas.

When we talked with Edwin Loo, the games producer, last year at GDC 07, we were told that every city in the game will be modeled after its true likeness. He stated that every few months they have to travel down to Las Vegas to find out which buildings have been razed and what buildings are new so that when 2 Days 2 Vegas releases, everything will be close to the real life location.

Other details from our interview included:

- 2D2V will have a "Garbage Generator" to simulate the clutter on the city streets.

- "Blu-ray solves a lot of their problems". Since 2D2V is such an epic title, he said that to fit the game onto a simple DVD, they would either need to cut out chunks of the game or release the title on multiple discs.

- 2D2V thrives on intensity and non stop action. Steel Monkey guarantees the game to be full of wreckless car chases, gang shootouts and unexpected story twists, to keep you on the edge throughout the game.

- The game looks to be just as immersive (if not more) than Grand Theft Auto IV. You can check out our visual comparison of the 2D2V and GTAIV here.

- The title is expected to release Christmas 2008

So for those of you who are interested, we will begin our main feature on Monday starting with all new screenshots of 2 Days 2 Vegas. Then on Tuesday we will reveal two new tech demos as well as the first gameplay footage of the game in motion. Stay Tuned!

What do you think?

Edited by IVAN ALEXANDROV

Well I think this is good news, since I haven't heard anything about 2D2V since 2005 ( saw some pics ) ... I was impressed with the graphics and I'm 100% sure this game will have better graphics than GTA IV but I'm also 100% sure that GTA IV will have better gameplay/storyline etc. after all it's just another GTA clone ...

Wow! WTF? Realistic cities ( at least Las Vegas and New York ) this game will be huge, no wonder it won't fit in one disk ... The map could be even bigger than the Just Cause map ( that was more than 200 sq km :o ) and it had only 7 GB ... I think this game will be 14 GB ( twice ) ... I think I'll get this game if my PC can handle it ...

BTW here's a pic :D

twdapc001.jpg

I've read somewhere that this game's been in the works since 2003 :cigar: so I don;t think the specs will be so high

( remember Fahrenheit, also in the works for 5 years o_O ) but sure there won't be low ...

You do realize that technically work isn't being done from the very beginning of a game, right? A lot of planning and pre-designing and shit. Just because it's been in the works since 03 doesn't mean it won't be that advanced.

Something very cool:

Gameplay Demo, go here

Wow, the driving looks horribly...... Fake....... It's like driving in video games never gets any more advanced....

And I love the people creaming themselves over this game, JUST on the graphics... Lolz, you silly graphics whores.