How did you get here?

Artur

How did you arrive at The GTA Place?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. How'd you get here?

• Searching for mods/cheats
    • Searching for GTA info
    • Friend recommended
    • From another GTA site (affiliate or other forum)

Hey since we have SO many members I was just wandering how everyone got here and joined up in the forums. I also made a poll from which there are only 4 choices to choose from for now. Well my story was after I beat Vice City and had nothing else to play I started looking for cheats on google and voila TGTAP popped up. But this was all around 2003 and I did see the forum but I wasn't that interested. Then when I FINALLY got the Xbox version of San Andreas for Christmas I started to play it ever so often and after I beat it I started looking for cheats again. Trying to remember all those GTA sites this was the one that came to my mind so I used it a couple of times and noticed the forums again and this time I joined. Really glad I got a GTA game cause I've met many new people here and I have a great time here. That's my story, what's yours? :D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, here's my story.

I joined this forum the first time I looked at it on August 22(I think the 22nd), 2006. I started playing GTA in 2002 and it started with GTA 3. After I beat SA when I had, 3, VC, and SA I looked up some SA cheats. I found out about GTA 4 and never knew about til' the 22nd. And then heard about the bigfoot and alien type stuff which I know think is stupid and know it's not true. So this was the 5th site I looked at cause all the others I thought looked stupid and were confusing compared to this one. And I just got lucky. I've been here since and enjoyin the ride. The people here are great. Really, I couldn't of gotten a better forum to join. Like peopel here have said, "You join here for GTA but you stay for the people". That's how it is for me but of course still here for GTA.

Yeah I was gonna have my name as just Artur but something didn't work on my first account and I had to make a new one (this one). Should I change it to Artur21 or somehow get Chris to delete my first account because I already PMed him about it but he didn't reply so I don't know. But you're right Nate people do change their names when they get here (more mature and stuff).

Edited by ArturKim21

Damn this keeps on happening, it's just my name except the 21 part lol I just like the number. I know pretty weird name (just Arthur without the H), mom gave me a choice when we moved to Canada. Back on topic, a lot of people probably introduced their friends to this site. I tried to with one friend and he posted once but probably forgot afterwards. I wonder how Chris got here? Lol, jokes.

I dunno if I already have said this..

I got gta san andreas and after 2 months I started with mods. If I did a google search I always endid up with the gta place (well, in most cases). I started downloading mods for about 1 1.5 months and I thougt I visiting this site 1.5 months now, I register. So I registerd for the first time to a forum :)

I was looking like everybody did for mods for SA like about 1 month and few days ago.I clicked on the button for forums and saw a great forum,more cool that other that i joined.I sayd goodbye to other forums and get here.I will stay few years here,5-10 years,till will dissaper.Everybody knows my first account: ,,gangbang''.It was too stupid and imature and changed it too: ,,TG187''.Sounds more cool I think. :D I think to changed it to: ,,The Gangsta''.What do you say? Now lets hear some other stories,from other great members. :)

Well, I was looking for mods here and browsing the site for about 2 or 3 months and then when GTAForums went offline for two days, I decided that I'm out to join more forums about GTA so I joined here and GTAGaming but I like here better since I only have 43 posts at GTAGaming.

Edited by Rashon125

I'd say about 75% of the members came here searching for mods, you search for any type of gta mods in google and we're nearly always on the first page :)

Artur can you edit your first post and add a poll, then I'll edit it and add some choices and stuff. For some reason I can't add polls to other peoples posts.

I found this site ages ago but I was just reading the gta 4 wishlist. I was reading through the whole thing and my mum said why dont I register so I can post my ideas and talk to people who like gta. So its thanks to my mum I joined otheriwse I would have just read the gta 4 wishlist and probably not come back.

I'd say about 75% of the members came here searching for mods, you search for any type of gta mods in google and we're nearly always on the first page :)

Artur can you edit your first post and add a poll, then I'll edit it and add some choices and stuff. For some reason I can't add polls to other peoples posts.

Alright just doing it right now.