Official Playstation Discussion

Harwood Butcher

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll probably be on in a few hours, that is if I can get on it. My brother obviously is in love with the PS3, and he had an argument in KZ2 with some other players. :P I'm gonna tell him not to do that again, or not to even go into my account, but he just loves the multiplayer. So I'll register him a PSN ID since he loves arguments and all that.

And Chris, I am a lazy person, truthfully. But I will be adding more people whenever I can remember to. :P

Man, HL2 is one hard f-ing game. I think the point I'm at is in a sort of sewer area, and this helicopter keeps circling my position. What's worse, is on my save game I have about 9 health remaining, with no health points anywhere in sight. I love it though, and I also love Portal, I really should have bought TOB a lot earlier, because it's great fun.

EDIT: Oh yeah, earlier, I looked at the games charts on teletext, and apparently Residential Evil 5 has muscled its way into the chart, lmao. I'll post a pic of it later.

Edited by Bateman.

• 1 month later...

That link is down now, this is where it should be - http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/. It's essentially the same page, but it now has a countdown. I'm hoping for MGS5, but it might end up being ZOE or something. Also, the countdown, it did say 83 for the 1st part a few days ago, but now it says 54.. It seemingly keeps changing.

Also, FALLOUT 3 DLC COMING TO PS3.

That link is down now, this is where it should be - http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/. It's essentially the same page, but it now has a countdown. I'm hoping for MGS5, but it might end up being ZOE or something. Also, the countdown, it did say 83 for the 1st part a few days ago, but now it says 54.. It seemingly keeps changing.

Also, FALLOUT 3 DLC COMING TO PS3.

Also, there's 2 more dlcs coming, Point Lookout and some other shit I don't recall.

A while ago I made a few videos of me playing COD4 online, thought you guys might like to see them. If you watch closely you'll notice me lag when shooting people :P

Not my best games but I do pretty good in both. If you can find them then I do 2 nice quick scopes in the first video after picking up some randoms acog'd M40.

Sometimes I get into a bad state of rushing too hard and spraying, you'll notice that in these videos. Also I know that some of you are going to 'lol' when you here me get angry at the game or when I talk to my parents!

Edited by Mpilk901

I wish I could upload my COD4 videos, Youtube/Vimeo/all the other gay video sites keep stopping halfway through the upload. But fuck em, I know how good I am anyway. I've recently been doing quick and no-scoping, I've done some sweet kills with the M40. I killed a guy around a corner with a no-scope, with another guy approaching me in a corridor. I thought I killed him, but got some dude in another room instead, lol. Also did some private matches with a no-scoper and another guy, all using no-scope rifles, and got some nice kills. I alternate between the M40 and the R700, both are good.

I still have 5 days to finish all my Uni work, will hopefully get done. I can't wait until it's over, so then my fucking mum will stop fucking nagging me every fucking minute.

hey im getting a ps3 soon, and im looking to upgrade from my 15" lcd tv to something bigger.

i was thinking of using a LCD monitor as some friends have done this with no problems, i was looking at the BenQ E2400HD, has support for HDMI, 1080p and has built in speakers (although i might use my stereo). now will this work fine with ps3, and display 720p and 1080p fine? This works out a lot cheaper than buying a full HD lcd TV, thats why im asking.

Accepted you Bateman, and TM I sent you a request since you're too lazy to send them yourself :P

Gonna continue my single player campaign in Resistance 2 now, try and get some more trophies while I'm at it.

Yo, Chris instead of me adding you as a friend on XBL. Can I add you on Playstation Network? I just want to kick your admin ass at your game. :hurrhurr:

Yes!

Accepted you Bateman, and TM I sent you a request since you're too lazy to send them yourself :P

Gonna continue my single player campaign in Resistance 2 now, try and get some more trophies while I'm at it.

Yo, Chris instead of me adding you as a friend on XBL. Can I add you on Playstation Network? I just want to kick your admin ass at your game. :hurrhurr:

Sure, add me on both, whatever.

Not really playing much online on PS3, 360 or PC right now though, busy with a big website project, gotta get that done first, amongst other things. Oh and also if you meant playing Resistance 2, I fucking suck at it online for some reason :P

I'm fairly decent in Killzone 2 though.

Yes!

Sure, add me on both, whatever.

Not really playing much online on PS3, 360 or PC right now though, busy with a big website project, gotta get that done first, amongst other things. Oh and also if you meant playing Resistance 2, I fucking suck at it online for some reason :P

I'm fairly decent in Killzone 2 though.

ORLY?? KillZone? Oh your on! Kris Fillips! :P

Has anyone seen the new bits of info about the new MGS game coming out? There's a picture of Big Boss, one of supposedly Raiden wearing an eye patch, and a white mask released today. Apparently, at 4:00AM the site required age verification, and it changed to a bloody mask. I don't know how Big Boss and Raiden can be linked together, unless there's time travel involved? I can't find the pics currently, but here's an interview with Kojima, although it's censored, because he didn't want a lot revealed before E3, presumably:

Famitsu: Is the generation XXX?

Kojima: No, it's XXX. If I were to say it all, perhaps XXXXX. I'm currently doing the game design and direction.

Famitsu: Really!

Kojima: I believe Japan will be the focus, but it will be sold throughout the world. Within me, this is XXXX. I won't say it's X, but I am making a proper story, and it is being made by the MGS4 staff.

Famitsu: Really! That's amazing.

Elsewhere, the interview touches a bit upon the content of the game:

Kojima: The mark on the old man's hat is very important.

Famitsu: This mark is different from a fox. It's like a world map.

Kojima: Not just the mark, but the game systems are also new.

Famitsu: Is it XX-XXXXXXXXXX?

Kojima: Yes. We'll be doing stuff that one would expect of XXXXXXX. XXXX and so-forth are obvious, so those will be included. Uh-oh... I said stuff that was unplanned (laughs)

Famitsu also asked Kojima about the setting.

"The setting is XXXXXXX," responded Kojima.

Apparently, something called "XXXXXXXXX" happened in this location, leaving it as a "XXXXX" country.

Yeah, hardly anything really.

A new PSP is confirmed. Gran Turismo and LBP are also now confirmed PSP games.

More info here: http://gamingconsolenetwork.com/2009/05/30...-to-the-psp-go/

press-sony-psp-go-1.jpg

I don't really know hot to respond to that design if it slides under that would be great but the buttons all look too close together and they should really stick to the d-pad or analog stick unless thats a speaker. But it dosent really look that good to me

Has anyone seen the new bits of info about the new MGS game coming out? There's a picture of Big Boss, one of supposedly Raiden wearing an eye patch, and a white mask released today. Apparently, at 4:00AM the site required age verification, and it changed to a bloody mask. I don't know how Big Boss and Raiden can be linked together, unless there's time travel involved? I can't find the pics currently, but here's an interview with Kojima, although it's censored, because he didn't want a lot revealed before E3, presumably:

Famitsu: Is the generation XXX?

Kojima: No, it's XXX. If I were to say it all, perhaps XXXXX. I'm currently doing the game design and direction.

Famitsu: Really!

Kojima: I believe Japan will be the focus, but it will be sold throughout the world. Within me, this is XXXX. I won't say it's X, but I am making a proper story, and it is being made by the MGS4 staff.

Famitsu: Really! That's amazing.

Elsewhere, the interview touches a bit upon the content of the game:

Kojima: The mark on the old man's hat is very important.

Famitsu: This mark is different from a fox. It's like a world map.

Kojima: Not just the mark, but the game systems are also new.

Famitsu: Is it XX-XXXXXXXXXX?

Kojima: Yes. We'll be doing stuff that one would expect of XXXXXXX. XXXX and so-forth are obvious, so those will be included. Uh-oh... I said stuff that was unplanned (laughs)

Famitsu also asked Kojima about the setting.

"The setting is XXXXXXX," responded Kojima.

Apparently, something called "XXXXXXXXX" happened in this location, leaving it as a "XXXXX" country.

Yeah, hardly anything really.

I saw the Raiden picture and actually it isn't raiden, it appears too be Sunny :P

Just look at the eyes, they're brown, not blue.

Yeah, people said he looked too 'feminine'. Helooo? He was already feminine, lol. I think the game could well go to 360 as well, if the censored interview hints at what I'm thinking, which is no great shakes. The 360 does need all the other MGS games though so they know about the crazy storyline. Also, there is a forthcoming Killzone 2 patch that was supposed to be released yesterday, but it's now been delayed. One of the improvements is a 'Precision Controls' option, which will make the aiming and turning a little looser. Don't expect COD4 levels of sensitivity though, which is too bad. I like the way it feels, though:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=216065

Metal Gear Solid PS1 dated for PSN

Those lucky Japanese people have been able to download the original Metal Gear Solid via PSN for ages, and now it's finally coming to the west.

Konami has officially confirmed it will release "the game that started it all" (if you don't count the MSX games before it) on PSN on June 18th, for $9.99.

There's no word on a UK date yet, but we're crossing our fingers that we get it on the same week. the same just happened with FFVII on the PSN.

Link. Good news, but I actually own 2 copies of the PS1 original. One which never sees out the end credits, and one which works perfectly. I like it that much, I bought it twice. It's really worth getting, it kickstarted the stealth genre and was revolutionary for its time. Still is, to some people (me).

Edited by Bateman.

Metal Gear Solid PS1 dated for PSN

Those lucky Japanese people have been able to download the original Metal Gear Solid via PSN for ages, and now it's finally coming to the west.

Konami has officially confirmed it will release "the game that started it all" (if you don't count the MSX games before it) on PSN on June 18th, for $9.99.

There's no word on a UK date yet, but we're crossing our fingers that we get it on the same week. the same just happened with FFVII on the PSN.

Link. Good news, but I actually own 2 copies of the PS1 original. One which never sees out the end credits, and one which works perfectly. I like it that much, I bought it twice. It's really worth getting, it kickstarted the stealth genre and was revolutionary for its time. Still is, to some people (me).

Nice, MGS1's my favourite game and even though I already have the disc, I'd like to play it on my psp and shit.

I hope they release it soon on Europe or else I'll have to get some of those psn cards from ebay to buy it off the US store.