• Yes, they are
    • No they are fake
    • Don't know, i thing there is somting else in the Galaxy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I don't know how many of you watch documentaries, but for those of you that don't know, the nazis were developing technology that could have allowed flight using a silent flying saucer (I believe, I can't really remember the documentary too well now unfortunately) -- the USA got the vast majority of this technology when they took down the Nazis, and I can only imagine have been developing it further ever since. That would of course explain the post-war "peak" of UFO sightings, that would continue on (albeit at a reduced rate) up to today and beyond. Unquestionable footage of UFO activity in the skies exists, I believe the last one was in Mexico, somewhere near a US air base of some nature. And nobody should be surprised at the knowledge that the US is developing technology that we currently aren't familiar with, hence...UFO.

Now, as for extra-terrestrials (sp?), there is no convincing evidence that they are currently, or have ever, visited this planet. There are some interesting pictures and drawings from centuries ago and from some past civilisations (the egyptians in particular), however no actual accounts of anything "alien".

Do extra-terestrials exist out there in the universe? Most probably, yes, it wouldn't make scientific sense if they didn't, unless our understanding of what exactly we are seeing when we look into space is crucially flawed. Why haven't they visited? that is one giant assumption right there.....that they think in the same manner we do. You must realise, all living things on this planet originated from the same amoeba (i think that's what they're called), evolved in different ways, and hence why we all grow, have a concept of time, have our ways of living etc etc. Now other planets or habitable moons out there (or other places where life of any form could grow) may not work in the same way as us. They may not be anything like us at all. In fact, they may exist without us even knowing it, there could be life on Mercury or Venus for example, and we wouldn't know because we have an extremely narrow opinion that all life has to exist exactly as we do, which is intensely short-sighted. So why haven't they visited? The chances are, if there is another specie out there aware of our existance, rather than them being "scared of us" as some members suggested, it is far more likely that they are too intelligent to consider us remotely useful - would you stop to look at bacteria or a flock of flies because they were on a different patch of ground? However, there could well be specie here with us NOW.....ghosts anybody? poltergeists? demons etc? Mythology that has existed from the start of recorded life to today, perhaps an indication of a lifeform we do not understand that is here and generally causing us mayhem from time to time, that we explain away in our own ways. In the end, nobody knows, not yet.....

On the issue of religion...I'm a Christian, and I think Genesis and the entire Old Testament is bull. You know why? Because I'm a CHRISTian - you know what that means? You follow CHRIST, not moses's insane ramblings, not the stories of massacres and baby-bashing, not ridiculous stories about how everything was created in 7 days....Did Jesus ever say "follow the teachings of Moses?" No. He didn't. And his teachings conflict with the sick travesty of a book that is the Old Testament. And in fact, in all honesty, Jesus is the closest thing we have to an "extra-terrestrial", after all he was lifted into the heavens by angels.........who knows? In any case, the idea that aliens means no religion, just shows the stupidity of the teachers that said that to the member here. I bet they think Jesus taught us to go to church and pray in public too, ha, some people.

Anyway, a summary of my overkill post:

UFOs are US aircraft using ex-nazi technology. Aliens exist only in outerspace but maybe here as well in forms we don't recognise. Jesus was good and Christians can believe in aliens, too. People are ignorant.

I've studied UFOs for YEARS, argued with people one hell of a lot on the ol' pravda forums (if anyone knows that), so if you want to know what's happening, read my stupidly-long post. Youtube videos are NOT the ultimate source of truth, and claimed "leaks" are usually bull. however documentary video footage of US troops taking nazi technologies and blueprints for flying saucers after the fall of the nazis IS good evidence. I've seen it. If I could remember the damn documentary's name, i would. In any case it'll be on some discovery-style channel i'm sure!

How can there be a possibility of life on another planet, but NOT the possibility of them coming to our planet? That doesn't make sense.

I think there's a possibility, but not a probability. If we can't travel to other galaxies how can they? Granted they may have better technology than us, but I don't think it's probability.

sweet sig, jaakko

im freakin 5000% sure that there is other life in some other planet, meaby they just dont wanna come here.

OR, meaby they created us, that would be a "shame" for religions anyways, but what if we are some alien experiment?

and yeah, a UFO is no alien or something, if i put wings and a engine on a cat, and make it fly, it will be an UFO for those that cant see what it is...

back to what i was 'saying', we could be some alien experiment, whitout we even know it

Like I said before, why would aliens travel billions of billions of lightyears to our planet just to float around for a few seconds and to be taped by someone who "just happened to have" a video camara in hand?

Don't ge me wrong, life out there is not an impossibility. Therefore I think our conseptions of UFO's are total bullshit.

End of story, unless someone comes up with some hard evidence.

well they might not be smart enough. in all the movies they come to earth to destroy. they might not be sart enough to build anything. you never know

Then again, they may be so far ahead of us in technology that none of us will even live to see what will LEAD to technology that matches their's. You never know.

How can there be a possibility of life on another planet, but NOT the possibility of them coming to our planet? That doesn't make sense.

I think there's a possibility, but not a probability. If we can't travel to other galaxies how can they? Granted they may have better technology than us, but I don't think it's probability.

That's like saying, "I don't think it's possibly that anything lives in the ocean. If we can't breath under water, how can anything else?"

sweet sig, jaakko

im freakin 5000% sure that there is other life in some other planet, meaby they just dont wanna come here.

OR, meaby they created us, that would be a "shame" for religions anyways, but what if we are some alien experiment?

and yeah, a UFO is no alien or something, if i put wings and a engine on a cat, and make it fly, it will be an UFO for those that cant see what it is...

back to what i was 'saying', we could be some alien experiment, whitout we even know it

There is actually a religion based on that and it makes some really good points.

what means "effin" :mellow:

Effin'

F'ing.

f***ing.

It means f***ing.

That's like saying, "I don't think it's possibly that anything lives in the ocean. If we can't breath under water, how can anything else?"

Um no, no its not. You can see things underwater, and you can swim, scuba dive whatever. All I said was how can they get here? These other galaxies are like millions of light years away from us. So unless they are travelling at the speed of light I don't see how they can travel here. And as I said before if they are coming here constantly why don't they ever show up in Times Square on New Years Eve? Why do they show up in bum f***?

@ evabin2liberty...

How would anyone know that?

(I exaggerated with billions. Maybe millions.)

Just a question: Why do they in the movies try to destroy us? They've always been unclear on the reason.

Edited by GrayFox501

Um no, no its not. You can see things underwater, and you can swim, scuba dive whatever. All I said was how can they get here? These other galaxies are like millions of light years away from us. So unless they are travelling at the speed of light I don't see how they can travel here. And as I said before if they are coming here constantly why don't they ever show up in Times Square on New Years Eve? Why do they show up in bum f***?

But you still can't breath under water, so how can fish breath under water? You're justifying saying aliens can't travel here just because we can't travel to "their" planet. I'm justifying that fish can't breath under water just because we can't. It's the same argument.

there is no f******* thing other than our earth!

You're an idiot.

@ Alistair: Infact, Discovery said it most lightly is bull shit. They ended it with some talk about how big the universe is and that maybe, far away there is other life form and " we are not alone".

It has been proven that in our Galaxy there probably isn't any other life form.

Other galaxy's then. Traveling from an other galaxy to earth will take a life time, even at the incredible high speeds the Alien UFO's can (or is asumed) go.

Ditto on that one.

what means ditto :mellow:?

why the hell would we be the only planet in earth anyways?!

and what about religion, it sais that god made the earth, the plants, animals.

and how about if this god, is an alien...or if he created us, meaby he created some other planet, another "enigma", is why the hell i changed "them" so quickly?!

what means ditto :mellow:?

why the hell would we be the only planet in earth anyways?!

and what about religion, it sais that god made the earth, the plants, animals.

and how about if this god, is an alien...or if he created us, meaby he created some other planet, another "enigma", is why the hell i changed "them" so quickly?!

Ditto means "Same" or "I agree" or "I second that". And like I said already, there is a religion based on us being created by aliens.

Jace, the simple fact is we can't see enough of other planets to know whether they can host life similar to our own. This article backs that up:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5325476.stm

But the point I was trying to make, is that we assume all life must function in the same manner of ours. Scientists don't look for evidence of life (mainly because they can't), they look for planets that basically could host humans. That's flawed, because it works under the assumption that all life MUST exist as ours does, they must require the same elements and temperatures to survive. I personally think there is life out there that survives totally differently, we cannot assume ours is the only type. At the end of the day, no "aliens" have ever been proven, it is all speculation, even the scientists and astronomers looking into it are just speculating, there is no way of knowing until we discover inter-stellar or even inter-galactic travel. Even that, I mean there are people on the forum saying "there is no way you can go to another planet because it will take too long" - well obviously, even at the speed of light (the absolute fastest propulsion-based travel could go) it would take too long. Therefore non-propulsion-based travel must be considered.

There is a theory that there are many dimensions - one of them I think the 7th dimension where everything in the universe is at one point, could be used to travel anywhere in the universe, a bit far-fetched and just a theory. Another one is that black holes are worm holes, taking you to distant places. Some are even trying to find out how to make black holes (that is gonna go SOOO wrong) to try it, but we are centuries, probably milleniums off that kind of technology. Chances are, that some other lifeform knows how to travel around the universe, and it's probably in a way we never expected or could never understand. And if they are milleniums ahead of us - I mean, would we really stop for long to look at cavemen or monkeys? I doubt it. Who knows, many of the "UFO" sightings could just be alien nature shows recording us lol!

Again, all theory.

Edited by Alistair

well duhhh. they use the turbo drive. :lol: they might have stuff thats fast enough......

@ evabin2liberty...

How would anyone know that?

(I exaggerated with billions. Maybe millions.)

Just a question: Why do they in the movies try to destroy us? They've always been unclear on the reason.

1. idono. scientist nkow a whole lotta sh**

2. ya wutever millions then.

3. for an interesting movie! who wants to watch a movie where the ailiens come to earth and give us hugs and swap postcards?!

there is no f******* thing other than our earth!

ya i agree. you are an idiot.

Jace, the simple fact is we can't see enough of other planets to know whether they can host life similar to our own. This article backs that up:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5325476.stm

But the point I was trying to make, is that we assume all life must function in the same manner of ours. Scientists don't look for evidence of life (mainly because they can't), they look for planets that basically could host humans. That's flawed, because it works under the assumption that all life MUST exist as ours does, they must require the same elements and temperatures to survive. I personally think there is life out there that survives totally differently, we cannot assume ours is the only type. At the end of the day, no "aliens" have ever been proven, it is all speculation, even the scientists and astronomers looking into it are just speculating, there is no way of knowing until we discover inter-stellar or even inter-galactic travel. Even that, I mean there are people on the forum saying "there is no way you can go to another planet because it will take too long" - well obviously, even at the speed of light (the absolute fastest propulsion-based travel could go) it would take too long. Therefore non-propulsion-based travel must be considered.

There is a theory that there are many dimensions - one of them I think the 7th dimension where everything in the universe is at one point, could be used to travel anywhere in the universe, a bit far-fetched and just a theory. Another one is that black holes are worm holes, taking you to distant places. Some are even trying to find out how to make black holes (that is gonna go SOOO wrong) to try it, but we are centuries, probably milleniums off that kind of technology. Chances are, that some other lifeform knows how to travel around the universe, and it's probably in a way we never expected or could never understand. And if they are milleniums ahead of us - I mean, would we really stop for long to look at cavemen or monkeys? I doubt it. Who knows, many of the "UFO" sightings could just be alien nature shows recording us lol!

Again, all theory.

as i know, i say Ditto

3. for an interesting movie! who wants to watch a movie where the ailiens come to earth and give us hugs and swap postcards?!

i want, why the hell would they come here to destroy us, they dont even know us, all those movies of aliens killing humans, yeah, they are entertaining (if thats the correct word), but i dont think its realistic enough

We live because we have water and air(bassically), maybe aliens have something else that keeps them alive ( like is air and water for us, another substances) and the water and air wont be enough for them to survive and they`ll die just like we die after breathing toxic gas...that`s why they never visit us...Do you see a fish coming out of the water just to say " Hy" ?