Drugs

Dirty Harry

maybe you could frame people you don't like by putting drugs on their car trunk, and they get arrested for nothing

i think niko using drugs would be another lawsuit for R*, selling it is another story

i hope you could distribute it like Scarface:game, but in a more realistic way, so you don't distribute it yourself like rambo-criminal, but hire people to do so :coolthumbup:

Edited by ArtSweet

I think they should make it a possibility to buy, sell and use drugs in GTAIV, but I don't think it should be a major part of the game like being in the storyline. If you're able to use the drugs in game I think they should have the same affects on you as they do in real life because if they make you stronger and shit in the game that'll make it seem like drugs are ok to take in real life. I don't think Rockstar wants to piss off any more people like Jack Thompson or Hilary Clinton any more than they already have.

They shouldn't include the ability to buy and use. Highly trade.

I'm pretty sure it would lead to the game getting a AO rating.

actually jace, i don't think selling it wouldn't get an AO rating, Scarface and GTA VC is a game that sells drugs and they get an M rating, but using it is just wrong and i'm sure Jack Thompson would be on the move for that one

i actually want the feature of using, steroids would be a good idea, we don't have to use a car

but i agree w/ jace on one thing, using it would be another lawsuit for R* like i said before <_<

Edited by ArtSweet

The usage in the previous GTA games has never looked realistic. More lol then anything else. And since they're aiming at realism..

Steroids would be cool though. It's just thinks like cocaine and joints. On the other hand having joints would be totally useless. It effects judgement and makes one feel good and awesome. How can they implement that in a game? Not by just making the screen all messed up and annoying.

I think R* should leave drug usage out of the game. Saint's row had it, and that to me implies that saint's row was trying to be 'cool' and shit by being able to use drugs. I think R* should leave them and kinda....undermine SR. Drugs aren't to be trivialised, especially not if they are glorified and give you superpowers and shit. In VCS, they made life alot harder. I'm not saying this would completely defer on from drug usage, but it would mores than granting the ability to run faster, jump higher, punch harder, drive better and all that.

As in former games, references and some handling would be fine... But NOT taking.

And i don't think the Russian / Eastern - European stereotype really fits drugs all that well... Rockstar are all about stereotypes :D

The usage in the previous GTA games has never looked realistic. More lol then anything else. And since they're aiming at realism..

Steroids would be cool though. It's just thinks like cocaine and joints. On the other hand having joints would be totally useless. It effects judgement and makes one feel good and awesome. How can they implement that in a game? Not by just making the screen all messed up and annoying.

Marijuana also impairs vision and CAN((do NOT read as "always")) make you hallucinate and visualize some weird shit. It can also make things like WALKING significantly harder to do. XD

But instead of turning this into a "What did you do while high?" topic, I'll stop that there.

Meh, I'm indifferent on drug usage in GTA IV.

There have been references to drugs in GTA Vice City Stories in one of the gonzales Missions. It would be cool to be able to use these but not take them. Example giving it to someone to weaken there strength and making it easier to kill.

I would like to see the introduction of prescription drugs what costs alot so they can be used to heal wounds and recover quicker.

The game should feature that drug what was in Vice City and GTA III what helps you go slower and all that.

There have been references to drugs in GTA Vice City Stories in one of the gonzales Missions. It would be cool to be able to use these but not take them. Example giving it to someone to weaken there strength and making it easier to kill.

I would like to see the introduction of prescription drugs what costs alot so they can be used to heal wounds and recover quicker.

The game should feature that drug what was in Vice City and GTA III what helps you go slower and all that.

Bold: I like that... Good thinking...

Italics: Simple Adrenaline i'm afraid, a natural drug produced by the body to heighten reactions, make you stronger, faster, etc. (Comes with testosterone, correct me if i'm wrong...) Just gives you an extra natural boost when you need it most - ;)

is this about using drugs in normal gameplay or in missions? prehaps there could be a mission where niko has to collect/sell drugs for someone?

Either. By 'using' do you mean, using them as a feature of the game to tell parts of the story / build missions etc. Or usage / taking of drugs?

But hasn't collecting drugs been in GTA before? I'm sure it has somewhere... But dealing / selling.. I'm not so sure that should be in there. Some people may think it's worse than taking them yourself... -_-

Everyone also seems to be forgetting that we saw use of drugs in San Andreas... Though not voluntarily, CJ was intoxicated from the draw of Truth's weed farm.