The mod game

JustADummy

This actually gives us a bit of an insight into how you see the moderation team. Forgive me for this bit of psychoanalysis, but I couldn't resist. Let me set the record straight on a couple of things which you may or may not misunderstant.

Banning seems to be what you've mentioned the most here. The word "ban" has appeared ten times in this topic already. I'm sure you know we don't just go round banning people all day, but we in fact we very rarely actually issue permanent bans - only a couple a week at most, and they only go to actual spammers, l33t haxx0rz or spam bots. Suspensions, fines and warning are all more common, but we've been trying to moderate without having to use those tools. Don't think we won't use them if we have to.

UO - we don't actually say you must use perfect grammar. For the most part we just try and make sure you can understand people, cuz if u tlk lk dis den u dnt alws no wot thei men. its the same if people talk in really long sentences with no punctuation and no pauses and use the word 'and' all the time and you wonder if they are ever going to finish but they dont and you have to read the entire thing in one go and it gets really hard and you lose track of what theyre saying and its hard to understand and stuff. BTW, using abbreviations like lol is usually alright though atm, so long as it is only a few normal ones (lol, lmao, rofl, btw, atm, imo) and not text-message-language. If people don't speak in a way people can understand, it's pointless. We try and help people to be able to get their points across properly, and it makes life easier for everyone else.

As Lou Park says... sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder whether you're a fool, than to open your mouth and clear all their doubts.

As for "courtesy and respect" - we don't expect much from our younger members, or the less-intelligent ones. But thinking you're better than everyone else, and thinking you can go round saying whatever you like needs to be dealt with. Unless people get a filter on that brain/mouth thing, they're going to cause trouble. It isn't the fact that they're arrogant or selfish on its own, it's the trouble they usually cause when they don't get their own way.

This topic can stay so long as people don't start mocking.

Let me see.

@ Gerard - I only post "Can someone please close this" when a moderator isn't around. I have PMed you a few times to alert you of things. The most recent thing would be Hazers comment in the Sexual Preference Topic.

OT -

Please can you stop doing that now, I have warned you before and I personally am sick of telling you. I will give you a Verbal warning and if it happens again you will get a warning in your logs. If you continue after that there may be more strict tactics against you.

---------

Right, you have had enough warnings and we are getting sick of what you are doing, you've had your chance and we do not wish to an you yet but I am giving you a suspension of 7 days. When you come back you better had improved!

---------

This topic has been posted too many times across the forums, this is about the 10th time we have seen this topic, this month. I will have to lock this.

Locked +

---------

Please don't do that, have a little respect for this guy. Your insulting him because you don't like what he's doing, you seem to be the only one who doesn't. This member came to me and said what you have been saying to him, personally I find it unacceptable, I will have to give you a warning and if you continue a severe punishment will dealt out.

----------

Thank You, <Insert Members Name> for informing us of this matter. A member on this forum has been acting a little suspicious lately. We have suspended him until we can gather a little bit more information on him. If you know anything please PM or Email a member of the Staff.

----------

You need to cut down on the amount of posts you have made, most of your posts are less than 5 words. If you don't stop we will have to take further action against you. You already have 2 warnings and I would think you do not want any more. I indeed hate giving out warnings, suspensions and sometimes even bans but it's my job and I must stick to it.

----------

Is that good enough?

Some more......

------------

This seems to be a very useful and interesting topic. I infact think it is good enough to be pinned, I'm sure the other members of staff will agree with me so:

Pinned +

-------

This forum is not to be used for Flaming, If you continue I will close your topics and you will be warned, there will be no more chances after this. We will not put up with this especially since we are trying to attract new members not push them away because of flames to him. Unless he started it, then we don't want to hear about it.

Closed +

------

*Content Removed by a Moderator*

I realise what this guy is doing and it is inapropriate behaviour for our forums. He shouldn't really be posting that kind of stuff and is encouraging other people to do it. So please those who have read it, Ignore it and report anything else suspicious about this particular member. If the report buttin isn't working please contact a member of staff and we will deal with it as soon as possible.

------

All those members whose sigs are larger than 500 x 200 please remove it or we will disable your signature if it isn't removed within 30 days of your warning. The signature will be disabled until we specify in a PM to you, we will try to be reasonable about this but if you ignore the rules we will have to take severe action. Please abide by the rules and try your best to follow them.

-------

Hold on, please stop it for a second. I see other members don't approve of what you are doing, and neither do I. If you do not follow my following advice we will take action against you. We hate giving out punishments but it's our job so deal with it.

I have been recieving PMs all night about you posting complete and utter nonsense, and sources say you have been PMing people Links to other forums and "to join it". We really do not want this to happen, you have been warned and if you don't stop a suspension will be put in place.

--------

I can do more?

Geez I'm Bored so:

--------------

This is one of the best GTA Guides I have ever seen, it contains every last detail in GTA Liberty City Stories. It will be very useful for new GTA player coming to find out what this game is all about. So yeah, this guide tells us about the Hidden Packages, Missions, Sub-Missions, Rampages, Unique Stunts etc. We will give you a Rep point and we will pin this topic.

Rep +

Pinned +

--------------

Please do not do that, we have told you over 4 times and this time we are not going to tolerate it any further times, we will give out punishments if you persist, we do not wish to do this but you are forcing us with your poor behavior. If you want advice please PM a member of staff, we'll happily guide you through what to do and what not to do. So please stop, you have been warned.

--------------------PM

Do not post rude or selfish topics like that, some members do not like to see or read what you posted. We have indeed deleted your topic and will be used as evidence that you have done something like that and it will be left in the forum Trash Can. You have been given a warning and if there is a next time you will be suspended.

I am aware of what you have done so please stop making topics about it, this is the 2nd time today you have made this sort of topic, we are still deciding whether or not your decision will be accepted or declined so please stop harassing us!