Vice City Stories Delayed

Chris

UPDATE: UK retailers Play and Gameplay have now updated their product pages with the later release date of November 3rd. While GAME and Amazon.co.uk still say October 20th.

UPDATE 2: The official Spanish VCS site has been updated with the new release date for Spain, also, there's even worse news for Australians, as I've been looking at a few Aussie retailers and they're all stating November 10th as the release date.

Amazon.com have also updated, they're now listing the US release date as October 30th.

The delay is looking to be in effect worldwide now, as opposed to just Europe. Remember that since PSP's are region free, if you do want the game early then importing from America would be your best option.

----------

News is spreading that Vice City Stories has been delayed in some European countries. Firstly, German gaming site Gamefront.de are reporting that they have an updated release list provided by Take 2 which confirms the game will ship on November 3rd in Germany.

In addition to this, Take 2's Benelux department (for non-Europeans; Benelux comprises of three countries, Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg) has also posted news on it's Dutch and Belgian mirrors supposedly last week on August 30th, confirming a delayed release date of November 3rd for those 3 countries as well.

It is unclear whether any other European regions will be affected by delays. One possible reason that the games are always released later in Europe is because of all the extra language translations that are required.

UPDATE: UK retailers Play and Gameplay have now updated their product pages with the later release date of November 3rd. While GAME and Amazon.co.uk still say October 20th.

UPDATE 2: The official Spanish VCS site has been updated with the new release date for Spain, also, there's even worse news for Australians, as I've been looking at a few Aussie retailers and they're all stating November 10th as the release date.

Amazon.com have also updated, they're now listing the US release date as October 30th.

The delay is looking to be in effect worldwide now, as opposed to just Europe. Remember that since PSP's are region free, if you do want the game early then importing from America would be your best option.

----------

News is spreading that Vice City Stories has been delayed in some European countries. Firstly, German gaming site Gamefront.de are reporting that they have an updated release list provided by Take 2 which confirms the game will ship on November 3rd in Germany.

In addition to this, Take 2's Benelux department (for non-Europeans; Benelux comprises of three countries, Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg) has also posted news on it's Dutch and Belgian mirrors supposedly last week on August 30th, confirming a delayed release date of November 3rd for those 3 countries as well.

It is unclear whether any other European regions will be affected by delays. One possible reason that the games are always released later in Europe is because of all the extra language translations that are required.

What is your View on VCS being delayed? I am Angry at the moment because i live in Australia. If your Angry about the Delay, Let it out here!

Edited by Dmac_91

Well of course the game isn't coming out Novemer 3rd because one, rockstar warehouse still have Europeon dated October 20th and the UKs world selling GAME, haven't changed yet. So as far as i and you should be concerned it is a wind up to get everybody wanting answers. Confirmation can be found at Rockstar Warehouse.

Well, if I was intending to buy a PSP and VCS then i'd be somewhat annoyed but as i'm holding out to buy the PS2 version, if there is one then it won't affect me as much.

I'm still annoyed for others though. They've done it with every game now I think.

Unfortunetly, Rockstar Confirmed that it will not be coming on PS2 and it may just slip in through after the release of GTA4 but it wouldn't be your best bet. I think you should get a PSP and wait for the double pack of Liberty and Vice City Stories

Unfortunetly, Rockstar Confirmed that it will not be coming on PS2 and it may just slip in through after the release of GTA4 but it wouldn't be your best bet. I think you should get a PSP and wait for the double pack of Liberty and Vice City Stories

Of course, they said the same thing about LCS.

The only thing that makes this different, is they have results on whether or not the PS2 release was worth it. That, combined with the sales of VCS for PSP, will determine whether it makes it to PS2 or not.

I didn't hear very good results from LCS PS2, so I am leaning more towards it not being released. But, eh, you never know.