Chris

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll try the test again, see what I get. My current speed right this second is 3.5Mbps:

466799077.png

SgtMike, that's one hell of a connection you got there. Fibreoptic, or just a good company?

EDIT: So yeah, it says over 6Mbps DL speed, but my connection has NEVER gone above 4Mbps. I guess it's because of my area I live in. I would LOVE to have Fibreoptic...

I have a real good ass company

480678613.png

480680283.png

The secone one be the recomended one the top be the one I usually pick

Edited by Sgt_Mike

Same at my uni. If you go in well early in the morning before any students get there we've got like 90MB out of it and same upload too. During the day its slow as hell though with hudreds, possibly thousands of students and staff using it, slows down to approximately 5mb connection :P

Anyway, I'm back home now and now have O2 Broadband, paying for 20Mb and had only been getting a maximum of 12 the past few days. Bordering on 15 now though so it's improving :)

486037338.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My ISP is still Tiscali. These days, I'm usually getting 3.6 MBps from it, so it's not bad. I do have days when the connection stays completely error-free, which is great. Yesterday, it was on for 3 hours while I was working, and it was fast the whole time. My upload is still low, about half a meg. It's down to the area I live in. If I lived by the sea, I'd have fibre-optic definitely.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...