HD TV for GTAIV?

HD TV for GTAIV?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Are you planning on purchasing an HD TV for GTAIV?

• Damn right!
    • Hell no!
    • I already have an HD TV.
    • I might.
    • Why would I buy a new TV to play a video game...?
    • I never thought about getting an HD TV for GTAIV

I was just wondering if anyone is planning on buying an HD TV before GTAIV is released to enhance your viewing experience while playing GTAIV.

I've been thinking of buying an HD TV basically because I have a PS3, which has Blu-Ray...I mean what's the point of having a PS3 if my TV isn't in HD? Another main reason I want an HD TV is because my current TV's screen keeps getting screwy when I use my PS3.

Anyways, what's everyone planning on doing?

I've got one for HD movies, but I play my games on just a regular ol' TV (19" I think...). What I was thinking of getting was a $200 or so LCD monitor, I'd hook up the 360 to that and play it on there instead of on my current TV. Most of them give you an HD picture BTW (at least all of the ones I'm looking at do...).

Well if GTAIV is like any of the next gen games so far, the water won't look nearly as good as it could be if you're playing on standard. The water graphics basically look like PS2 graphics when played on a standard TV.

I just want to get the most out of my GTA experience for the next generation.

I'm currently saving up for one, but I'm going to wait until I see a good price. I heard the prices of 1080P TVs are going to be dropping soon.

I just hope everyone with an SD TV isn't going to complain about shitty graphics. I think we'll ban anyone who we find does that :)

My Samsung 26" is great, I would recommend it to anyone looking to buy one that size. Pic for anyone who cares: http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisphillips/1544997503/

Does it at least go up to 1080i? How much did it cost?

I just hope everyone with an SD TV isn't going to complain about shitty graphics. I think we'll ban anyone who we find does that :)

My Samsung 26" is great, I would recommend it to anyone looking to buy one that size. Pic for anyone who cares: http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisphillips/1544997503/

Does it at least go up to 1080i? How much did it cost?

RRP was £550 but I got it in a sale for £398 (double the figures for US dollars).

Yeah it does go up to 1080i and that's what I've got my 360 set as at the moment, but it has to scale it down because the resolution isn't that big. Apparently it runs smoother on 720p... I dunno so I'll test it out later and see if I can notice any difference.

I`m planning to get a HD TV next year.But,for now I`m using a 19" Samsung LCD TV which I`m happy with,it isnt the best TV in the world,I know.

EDIT:I`m getting A Samsung LE26R72BX 26" High Definition LCD TV

Dude! The best time to buy a BIG HA TV is after Superbowl season. The prices on on HD TVs drop big time for some reason. I'm really sure why.

Yeah boy, join the 26 inchers club son. 26' inches of HD LCD goodness.

P.S. Gotta have a 26 inch HD TV to be in in the 26 inchers club.

Edited by fatalgamer

My TV sucks (ask CQC EXPERT) I'd love an HD TV but it woudn't fit in my room.

Toss the old one and get one. You'll make room. Trust me, I'm having a hard time think about where mine is gonna go, but I AM gonna find a place. Plus if you get a thin one then you can get a wall mount and mount that biatch. Hang it on a stud though, and unless you built the house and know where they all are, you will need a stud finder.