Big Community Thread

Chris

Let's see, where do I start? I have to write an essay on Brutus from "The Tragedy of Julius Caesar". I have to memorize 4 speeches from the play by Tuesday. I just got a hair cut and some clothes suitable for church, even though I've never gone and never will. And I just had the longest experience with anal leakage two minutes ago.

Well, today I bought a 40GB PS3! :D I got Motorstorm and Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, and I got Gran Turismo 5 Prologue for free! I got the package from Gamestation, and because they couldn't give me a certain bundle - no stock left, they gave me the GT5 bundle, so I got the game for free. I also got a Blu-Ray disc with it for free - The Patriot, with Mel Gibson, so I'm very pleased today. In about an hour I'll move the PS3 from the lounge to my bedroom and put the PS2 somewhere else, so I can play it later. :) Hence why I changed my signature.

I went on a school field trip to see The Tell-Tale Heart on stage today. After that, we got to go to the Commons and choose where we wanted to eat. One of my friends thought it was a good idea to run to EVERY fast-food joint to see how big the lines were, considering every other fucking student in the county/town was there. (And I thought it was a good idea to follow him...) Long story short, we finally got to Pal's, the only place where the line didn't end around the block. Apparently, I lack a lot of common sense, as it turns out Running + Southpole Hoodie + April = BAD. I damn near passed out from heatstroke a few minutes after we arrived and pretty had to rip off my hoodie and stumble to the only available table. After a few minutes, I finally got my sight back and ordered my lunch. And now I have to be at an Honor's Society thingie in three hours. How was your day?

I recently got back from my Holiday to New York, and it was great, American people were so nice, and we visited a lot of the landmarks, there. We visited places like Central Park, Liberty Island, and my favourite part of the city, Times Square, it was for 4 days I was there, so I had to make the most of it. I usually got my lunch at a diner or the hotel, Bagels were what I usually had for lunch and there was a drinks machine just outside my Hotel room which was very useful. The travelling was not too bad, I had my own passport for going through the Airport. The flights to and back were both accurately seven hours, so I watched in-flight movies or listened to my Ipod to try and stay occupied. I must admit, being home sucks,I want to go back to America. :(

I recently got back from my Holiday to New York, and it was great, American people were so nice, and we visited a lot of the landmarks, there. We visited places like Central Park, Liberty Island, and my favourite part of the city, Times Square, it was for 4 days I was there, so I had to make the most of it. I usually got my lunch at a diner or the hotel, Bagels were what I usually had for lunch and there was a drinks machine just outside my Hotel room which was very useful. The travelling was not too bad, I had my own passport for going through the Airport. The flights to and back were both accurately seven hours, so I watched in-flight movies or listened to my Ipod to try and stay occupied. I must admit, being home sucks,I want to go back to America. :(

Awesome! I always wanted to go to NY..

Did you see the new WTC under construction?

Awesome! I always wanted to go to NY..

Did you see the new WTC under construction?

No, there is no construction there, they are building a memorial.

Serious?

I have a picture of construction at ground zero of the new Freedom Tower taken yesterday (April 8) They've broken the ground with the foundations and the building has slowly risen..

One of the new World Trade Center's have been finished though. It's about 45 stories tall.

Okay, well I've had a crap week, especially when returning to school.

Firstly, my Maths teacher yelled at me and some of my friends for not revising over the holidays. Of course, I've been really busy, especially with my Art Exam. My teacher didn't give a toss about the exam and said "Maths is more important than Art". So I really didn't listen to him and I've still not finished my revision. But I'll get around it eventually after these exams are over.

I also had my French Speaking Exam quite a while back. All went well and I got a good grade, especially at foundation level - It was a grade C. I was proud of it. Then, my friend took it at a higher level and got a grade D. It wasn't surprising as lot of people that were doing higher didn't get an A*, A or B. Only a few did.

As well as that, my Art Exam was just yesterday. I have over 10 hours to make a final piece and complete it. I've already done 5 hours, and I've pretty much finished drawing it and I had only the afternoon to colour it all in, but only could colour in quarter of it.

All of this has been making my social life + Free time rubbish, I haven't spent any time with my friends, and neither have I had free time to all of the things I want. The worst is yet to come, unfortunately. And then probably after that, the prom starts, so I better get something nice to wear!

I will be incredibly inactive next week and from December this year to May 2009. Exams seriously suck, couldn't school spread exams about a bit instead of one period of 5 months. I might as well go to college rather than staying in school to aged 18 considering the fact that all my teachers are annoying.

I had to write 3 essays while on holiday and I have 1 more week of my holiday left to do the last one. Indeed they have to be at least two pages of A4 lined paper and one of them was four and a half pages because I like to make sure it is a good essay.

I have got my exam timetable for next week. Here it is:

Date Subject Level Starts at Finishes at

21/04/2008English ReadingGeneral Level08:5509:45

21/04/2008English WritingFoundation/General/Credit11:0012:15

21/04/2008French ReadingFoundation13:3014:15

22/04/2008BiologyCredit/General11:0012:30

22/04/2008MathsCredit13:3014:15

25/04/2008GraphicsF/G/CPeriod 5Period 6

3 Exams in one day. I won't be able to cope I don't think.

Edited by Thomas.

All of this has been making my social life + Free time rubbish, I haven't spent any time with my friends, and neither have I had free time to all of the things I want. The worst is yet to come, unfortunately. And then probably after that, the prom starts, so I better get something nice to wear!

I just got my leavers ball (prom) suit today, and yeah exams are stressing me out too, I do revision everyday but I always make sure I go out etc.

Thats not actually that bad, think of it as having to finish all your exams quicker, it isn't as bad as having some spread out over 2 months. I would rather have GCSEs within a 3 week period.

Thats not actually that bad, think of it as having to finish all your exams quicker, it isn't as bad as having some spread out over 2 months. I would rather have GCSEs within a 3 week period.

Yeah, cool. These are only minor exams. In December my major exams start for 5 months for my 3rd Year (10th Year in English Schooling). Those will be my difficult times, I guess. Then I have my higher exams in 4th/5th/6th Year. Hell of a school year coming up for me. I have the choice to leave school at 15/16 and I think I will actually.

Just got back from a full-day field trip to Biltmore Estate in Ashville, NC. I just spent most of the time hiking with friends and when we finally got inside the huge mansion, we got yelled at by one asshole employee for backtracking (We walked off while she was distracted). After that, we ate at some pizzaria that was made for stoners. It was AWESOME.

It is almost 5 am and I am still not tired. I don't know why I am not sleeping this morning but its probably the fact I have had a few Coffees yesterday or I had a major lye in yesterday (11 AM is a major Lye in for me).

I have only 2 pieces of work left to do for next weeks exams and that is Maths and Biology. I will probably end up doing Maths last because it is has a lot more work required to do and is Percentages which can be quite annoying.

I'm currently deliberating over what picture to pick to do a synopsis on for my Visuality essay. The sypnosis is basically to round up what you want to do in the actual 1500 word essay. I was really struggling trying to pick an image, because there was no limit to what you could pick, within reason, of course. I think I might do a Lowry picture, although I haven't decided yet. And, about an hour ago, I ordered GTAIV online from Tesco, to ensure I get it on release date. :D There's only one other site I saw that guarantees delivery on release date, and that was WHSmiths. Then, after I do my synopsis, I got to finish off my Digital Photography stuff and try to get some sort of presentation together for another lesson. I hate presentations.

I have 3 Language exams tomorrow. French and English, French will be hard because I need to look over some of the words such as 'parler' and 'un salle de bain'. It will be really troubling because I was on holiday on the final weeks before the school holiday so I won't know what to learn.

• 2 weeks later...