On what do you spend your Hard Drive?

CroScorpion

Interesting idea for a topic...

2GB - Music

40GB - TV Shows and Movies

57GB - Games and Applications

2.8GB - Windows XP Pro/Service Pack 2

6GB - My Documents

20GB - Other (Basically just a storage for my .iso files and other miscellaneous items.)

Keep in mind I only have a 250GB hard drive. Just wait until I add another 250 and a 500GB...terabytes ftw!

Oh and btw, 120GB is not big. This is a big one.

Some alienware ALX systems are shipping with 3.25 tera's of storage now, but at a price... (over 2 main HDD's and a 250gb w/d raptor portable, me thinks)

My HD space is lame... <_<

C:/ - Programs, windows, photoshop, utilities etc.

D:/ - All my games, and backups, and temporary files for when i burn DVD'S or CD's

Note: the reason my D:/ is my second HD, not my Optical drive is because my computer case is crapmed, and my optical cables will only reach the Mobo in this way, such my DVD burner is the E:/ drive. Weird...

Edited by MrLlamaLlama

First of all, you're supposed to post the space that the shit on your hard drive takes up.

And also, a component's physical position in a case is irrelevant. Windows prioritizes letters for hard drives first. BUT you can make any drive any letter by going into classic view Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Computer Management->Disk Management, then right clicking on the drive and selecting "Change drive letter and path."

I have a 200GB hard drive that is partitioned into a 120 and a 60((don't ask, I can't figure out why, either)). I don't use it on certain things, though. Well, I use the 120 for my back ups from my last computer and my DVD back ups((I like ripping my DVDs to my computer)).

I have a 200GB HDD sitting in my room that I need to install later today, though. w00t. 400GBs.

I DEFINITELY have to get a bigger hard drive. OK, I have about 10GB's of music and 40GB's of film, 50 GB's of programs, and about 25 to 50 GB's of various things including PC Games and several large documents. I might buy a new hard drive in 2-3 months, it's not a problem at the moment, just a small inconvenience.

Edited by the bossman

• 3 weeks later...
I have a rather small HDD

200gig

80 gig freespace

30 gig programs

40 gig games

15 gig movies

a few gigs for music

and the rest are documents and all little files.

BTW, 1024 mb RAM has a higer price then a 400 GB HDD.

I don't consider 200GB as "small"..... Fifteen gigs for movies? As in, video clips, or actual movies? If the second, then do you only have like 3 movies?

For a new PC 250 gig is quite little.

Even cheap PC's have 250/300 gig these days.

Not really. My PC was about $550 dollars and came with a 200GB..... So yeah.... "Cheap" PCs aren't coming with 250/300GB drives. And for a "cheap" PC, mine is actually pretty good, f***in' Acer. I love Acer.

I have a 120GB. I pawned my other ones off to the evil Linux penguin who stole my sanity.

I have about 80GB of games. Most of them I can't reinstall, so they're kept on there. Games I never play but 'I'll get around to' stay.

Then 20GB of music and videos, which used to be about 40GB, until I burnt the huge movies that I never watch onto DVDs (Pure Pwnage etc.)

Then about 3-10GB of random shit. This includes installs for games that are really broken. Hello Korean MMO companies!