IS GTA4 gonna have an entirely new storyline?

With the size that GTA4 is going to be, I can't see how they could possibly keep within the GTA3 trilogy. IMO it would have to be a brand new storyline, with mostly brand new characters, references to past characters would be in there, and maybe a few cameo appearances, but that's all.

GTA4 is being made in a new era of videogaming. I think it would be wrong to continue from the GTA3 trilogy. San Andreas ended that.

• 1 month later...

i would like a completly new character, in a completly new city or state with completly new stuff.. im sick of using the sam guns and/or CARS.. they need new ones and they need new ones FAST!!! this pistol needs to be improved.. i can hurt somone by shooting jiz in their eye then shooting them with the pistol. they neeeeed new weapons..

I hope that it's mostly a new storyline and stuff but i'd like some connections with the past Gta's ya know.But what would be cool for like a new Gta;like have all the past Gta main characters and put them together in one game all being main characters and they're a team and stuff but you're totally new and you just do a bunch of stuff liek in tghe past Gta's.But that would be a bit far fetched you know.But still can't wait til 07.