What social group(s) do you fit into?

Chris

So TGTAP, I was just wondering what kinds of people we have on here, like what's the most popular kind of group e.g. emo, skater, punk, scene, geek, goth... whatever.

Basically describe your music tastes, clothing style, hobbies and anything that classifies you. This is just for fun btw, I'm not like plotting graphs of like all the demographics and shit :P

So...

My music - well it's pretty varied actually, I mainly listen to rock, but also metal, punk, indie, industrial, some emo, and occasionally some techno / dance which is slightly random.

My hobbies - well at the moment nothing much in particular besides that standard and boring 'hanging out with friends' etc. But obviously web design/development is something I'm interested in, also gaming... that kinda classifies me as a geek somewhat

My clothes - well, I'm usually always wearing Jeans unless it's hot, and the Tshirts, hoodies, shoes I wear are probably what you'd call 'skater' or 'board' fashion. Brands like Quicksilver, Billabong, Rip Curl. Some tees I wear is of bands I like though. VANS shoes, even though I don't skate, they're comfy as hell though :)

The clothes look baggy on me as I'm skinny, but I'm not trying to be a rapper honest!

Sometimes I'll wear a shirt though and some smarter shoes for a smarter look, but most of the time there's no need.

None of that is to fit in with a particular crowd of people either. As I said, I don't even skate. There's some similarities with my friends but all of us have different tastes and stuff.

Anyway what group does that put me in? I've no idea really (great start to the topic huh? :P ). Possibly a bit of geek, and also skater/punk I guess due to clothing/music...

How about you?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My music - Almost any kind of rock, almost any kind of techno

My hobbies - Web design, game design, gaming, ATi/AMD-biased hardware guru-ing

My clothes - For pants, I go for denim jeans or jean shorts in the summer. For shirts, I either wear a collar shirt with a white undershirt or one of those mono-colored t-shirts with either graphics or a witty comment (or both) on the front. For shoes, I exclusively wear Adidas Superstar 2G Ultras, but I also like Timberland boots when there is the necessity for them.

I also don't fit in with a particular crowd, I sort of talk to everybody, except for the gangsta people. Ugh, I hate them all.

I don't know what crowd I fit into. You'd think I'd hang out with the geeks but I honestly don't like what they do. Throughout middle school, they constantly sat in a group in the shade, talking about anime, trading cards, drawing, etc... Now I'm a fan of some anime, but I seriously would much rather play football/soccer than talk about it. Not that I felt I was above them or I didn't talk to them at other times, but I just see playing a quick game of soccer more fun then solving Rubix cubes at recess.

Meh, clothing style = jeans, if not some surf stlye shorts or skate shorts, like camo or somethin like that. Tee's vary. I see alot of t - shirts that i impulse - bought, that i couldn't really afford at the time.

Just looking no i see a Duffs T-shirt, a blind, a chunk tee (with top cat on :P) teddy smith, coupl'a no fear tees aswell.

Jeans style. Baggy mainly, but not like stupidly baggy. Need a belt for most my jeans. They would fall off after 1 mmin or so of walking without.

Just looking i see 2 pairs of zoo york jeans, an oakley pair, an apt pair, and some crappy ones i use for working in and stuff. (casual labour)

Hoodie- love my hoodies - all nice and warm. Like 'em with no zip at the front, or anything. My only decent hoody atm is a beige no fear one, the rest of my 'jumpers' are all smarter - style ones, mainly either brown / black. Couple a crapy ones for dossing in too.

Shoes. atm i'm walking around in a pair of DC's. Don't really wera other pairs, unless im riding the M'bike or w./e, then it's the black 'classics.

Buying a pair of etnies soon. The kingpin black/orange >>>Want.

Sweet.

Social groups? At school (when i still went) i would hang around with people like me. A rare few of us actually skated (i don't) only hurny, callum, stu...

But we'd all play soccer/ american foozball/rugby/murderball with our breaks/lunches. And when we didn't we'd just hang out and chill.

Though i am mates with quite a group of the nerds, i tended not to hang around with them, since most of them knew far more than me anyway. I was out of my depth. and i admit it here. When outta schiool, it's either the GF or my riding buddies. We'll go cruisin', round up the lads, find somewhere, just chill and chat for a while, tell sick jokes and stuff.So, thats that.

(FYI, i wasn't a 'real' popular, stuck up , arrogant kid at school. I fit into a group with people like me, i didn't wanna try to be somethin' i'm not. Most of the peple i hang with at school i din't see outside of school, so i mostly dunno how they dreess either, except when we meet up or somethin. (hahaha we fed jonny's fags to the ducks at the river - priceless)

Hobbies - graphic design, gaming, drawing, some sports (gaining weight) I also cosider myslef good with words, though i don't actively engage in song writing, or poetry.

Mostly i spend all my day with the GF.... Haven't seen my mates much recently.... They have been on their hols and stuff.

Music. I will listen to anything new, unless it's guaranteed to be 'gangsta' in whch case it's a no-go.

But i'll get music from games, you guys, the radio, the GF's sister's BF is a big influence, he has a great taste in music, IMO, so i get him to copy me CDs and stuff.

But call me what you will, i am a me.

Heh, ^ we seem to wear similar clothes actually.

It's funny that us three so far all like 'nerdy' stuff like gaming for example is probably classed as nerdy yet none of us hung out with nerds at school. I was never interested in the stuff they talk about, and like you guys said would much rather play football (soccer) with friends.

So there's no emo's or gangstas yet? There must be some I'm sure. Don't be scared, we aren't gonna diss you for having a certain lifestyle :P

Music - A lot of hardcore stuff (Atreyu, a7x, haste the day, from autumn to ashes, trivium etc.) and some NIN / Tool / APC, linkin park, lost prohets.

Hobbies - Little gaming, computing, making music (FL Studios) and chillen with friends. I dunno what to call this..

Clothes - Jeans, always. Though I do have one pair of kakhi colored pants and they kick ass. White t underneath, and usually graphic clothes (The kind in my latest pic I think I posted?) and button ups. Shoes... skate shoes. And yeah, I do actually skate them, haha.

I usually hang out with redneck-ish people. Not the completely dirty kind, but y'know, speak countryish, some of em skate. I dunno what to say about them, though my best friend (We're good friends, best as in best person I'm friends with) is into the same stuff I'm into, just a bit further. Notice my music tastes, heh.

Music: Guns N' Roses, The Smashing Pumpkins, They Might Be Giants, The Flaming Lips, Beck, Foo Fighters, Rage Against The Machine, POLYSICS, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Ted Nugent, DragonForce, Nine Inch Nails, John Mayer, Velvet Revolver. My music verys, from hard rock, to alternative rock, to J-Rock, to pissed-off rock, to hippie-jam-bands.

Clothing: The majority of my clothing usually has a band name, or logo on it. I also have a few different shirts, some weird button up ones that look awesome, some collar shirts, and I usually wear a white undershirt on all of my shirts as chris82 stated he does. Dunno' why. For pants, pretty much all of my pants are jeans, that's it. I have a few different pants, some bright-ass corduroys (they're so warm :D), etc. DC shoes are awesome, I don't skate, but they look nice and are VERY comfortable. They're also nice for when I try to skate and fail horribly too.

Hobbies: Gaming, Making Websites, Designing Websites, PhotoShop CS3, Soccer, Some Television (not much though), Hangin' Out With My Friends, Watching Anime (as long as its awesome like Death Note, Case Closed, etc.), Death Note, Going To Concerts, Kicking Ass.

------

I don't hang out with one type of group to be honest. I'm fine with hanging out with just about anyone as long as they're cool. :D (I tend to hang out with people who like the bands I like though.)

Music: I listen to a lot of different type of music, it's basically never-ending. My favorite band is Green Day, but I like many other bands, especially in the genre classic rock. For example, Boston is one of my favorite classic rock bands. You can see my Last.fm page here for more on the music I listen to.

Clothing: I like to wear a T-Shirt and jeans, and that's really it. For shoes I wear New Balance sneakers. I guess you could say my clothing is "general", and thats exactly what it is, I don't wear anything other then these things besides shorts every once in a while.

Hobbies: Gaming, web design, and yeah that's pretty much it.

------

I honestly don't know what group I'd fit into, because I don't feel like a geek, and I don't have "geeky" friends either, they're all into sports and stuff and I'm the only one into computers & gaming. I don't know what I'd fit into, do you?

My music - I'm into classic rock(80's rock), hard rock, metal and some heavy metal music.

• KoRn
  • Pantera
  • Slayer
  • Slipknot
  • Fear Factory
  • Lamb of God
  • Franz Ferdinand
  • The F-Ups
  • Eiffle 65
  • The Von Bondies
  • Godsmack
  • Disturbed

My hobbies - I like to do different things with my friends and some that I do by myself(no, not what you're thinking you little sick perverts).

• Bowling
  • Billards(pool)
  • Skate boarding
  • Biking
  • Football
  • Basketball
  • graphics design
  • architectual layouts

My clothes - I'm not too sure what you'd call my style of clothing but these are the kind of things I wear.

• JNCO Jeans
  • JNCO Shirts and other random unknown brand name shirts
  • VANS
  • Hanes, Nike, unknown brand name socks
  • Sonoma boxers

My Friends: I don't really hang out with one type of particular group, but multiple types. I hang out with pot heads, "gamers", jocks, preps and I'm also friends with a couple people from every other type of group. I'm friends with over half of my graduating class and with some other people in lower and higher grades.

Music - Mostly 70s rock and some 80s junk. I'm not a fan of the new stuff, and probably never will be.

Hobbies - Skateboarding, being web savvy, watching TV shows on DVD.

Clothing - I wear blank Tshirts in a variety of colors, Levis 559/527/514 jeans, and Orchid BMX shoes. Yeah, I hate the skateboarding scene.

I'm with rockstarrem, I have no idea what group I fit into.

I never really think about what I wear or whatever, and again no idea what stereotype I'd fit into. Always got that old backup one though...

Music: Muse, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Alexisonfire, Green Day, Enter Shikari, Lostprophets, My Chemical Romance, The Killers, The Who, The Automatic, The Darkness, some lighter stuff (Sting, REM, Queen (!), Moby, Lynyrd Skynyrd), then some slightly more clubby stuff (Prodigy, Jamiroquai, Fatboy Slim). I absolutely hate R&B, and find the heaviest/fastest rock kinda boring.

Clothes: Dark jeans and t-shirt on most days, shirt on a night out. I wear brown 'fashionable' shoes (how else to describe?) rather than trainers. I wear a suit/tie at work, and of course full camoflage 95 and army boots when on exercise, with Kevlar helmet and webbing. Sometimes wear that to the shops for a laugh, and count the number of salutes I receive. I hate hoodies for some reason though, never understood why.

Hobbies: As you can probably guess, mainly computer stuff. I work full time at the moment so its mostly useful computing I'm interested in, rather than gaming and stuff. For the record, this website counts as a useful application. I also play badminton and I do some range shooting (with the ol' SA80), and regularly take part in overnight exercises and stuff. I used to do quite a bit of running, mostly crosscountry (team captain), until my knees started f*cking up - they've been recovering for a few years and I'm getting back into it a bit. Of course the obvious generic "hanging out with friends" and "playing GTA" etc.

Music - As long as the song/music itself is good i don't really mind the genre. I like modern rap stuff like that. Also like techno and very rarely listen to rock, its not my thing. I don't know why so many people like rock though.

Clothing - I like comfortable casual wear. Can't go too specific cause i got no idea what is what. Just as long its up to date but nothing too "cool" or "gangster". So just as long its not stuff with hello kitty pictures over it, skeleton faces around it or EXTREME COOLNESS shirts i'm cool with it.

Hobbies - Hobbies include gaming(obviously), listening to music every now and then, regular sport with my friends (I enjoy most sport), TV, movies and hanging out with my friends.

I'm not sure what group i belong to but i definitely was not the too cool for school guys or the rebels or the geeks. The "cool" people hang out near the girls and everything and the geeks sit in a corner eating food (most of them were fat but surprisingly smart). I would kick a ball or play hand ball with by friends though i'm not very good at sport either. So..i'm kind of the casuals? :huh:

Music

Basically rock, metal and hip hop.

Sevendust

Three days grace

Saliva

Thornley

Godsmack

Disturbed

3doors down

Crazy Town

Masta Ace

Eminem

50cent

Sido

etc.

Clothes

Jeans jeans jeans (classical ones with some bleach effect) + T shirts or a shirt with collar. Shoes - looks something like this

030908_asr_shoe27_h.jpg

although im not a skater, but they are comfortable.

Hobbies

Video games, PC stuff, Photoshop, web GFX, volleyball.

edit: almost forgot - i have no idea who am i , a part of me is PC geeek, a part is a sport so you decide.

Edited by QuickDeath

Music: Er, well I listen to Hip Hop, Sometimes Rock whenever my dad listens to it.

Clothes: Tracksuits, T-Shirts, Hoodies, Trousers, A Cap (Sometimes), I also wear jeans whenever their's a party going on. My shoes, well I have alot actually. :P My main ones are Nike Air Force 1's, Nike Air, Nike 3.0 and some others.

Hobbies: Well, Learning to use photoshop, Dreamweaver, Basketball, Football.

-------------------------

I'm not to sure in which group I fit in, I mainly am what you'd call a 'Gangsta', but thats because I wear clothes like hoodies, and Hi-top shoes. But when it comes to music, I listen to Hip Hop and even Rock! So I'm not so sure who would do both. I also am part geeky too since I do web design and Graphics. So yeah, I don't know which to fit in. :P

Music: I like pretty much every type of music, just not Country and World music, i like artists such as:

* Eazy-E

* Disturbed

* eminem

* Phil Collins

* N.W.A.

* Pretty much all songs by Snoop Doggy Dogg ft. Dr. Dre

* Nickelback

Clothes: Well, i pretty much wear a pair of raggy sneekers, Baggy jeans, regular T-Shirt, and that's it

Hobbies: I don't do anything, i'm a lazy bastard

------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly i have no idea what social group i am, i'm pretty much me, or a little of everything.

My music - Classic Rock, Southern Rock and Country - some new stuff too

Clothes - Plain and/or preppy (as someone called me, I took offense). Usually jeans and a tshirt, or somewhat fancier jeans and a button up shirt or one of them polo shirts.

Hobbies - War games (COD, MOH), computers, tinkering, cars

I don't think I fit in a group.

In a way, aren't we all geeks? ^_^

Its inevitable.

Er, No. Not everyone here is a geek you know. I'm not what you'd call 100% geek, but I'm getting a better knowledge of how to use Photoshop and Dreamweaver too, so in the end, I wouldn't call myself a geek for my appearance or my personality, I'd call myself a smart young man, which alot of people would say to you if you're the type of person who'd not be a thug, but dressed up as one. Besides, everyone in my area is pretty much dressed up as one, except the girls.

And also, Inevitable? :P

MUSIC: Rap, Nothing else. Hardcore gangsta rap

CLOTHING:: Well i always wear my converse all stars check taylors i nomrally wear baggy jeans, or long black pants and i will normally be wearing a skate brand top and i will ALWAYS be wearing a hoodie with my hood up and i'll have my hat underneath the hood, and i'll have my banadanna in my back pocket hanging out.

HOBBIES: Partys,Drinking,Cars,Fights and Gangs

Music The music I listen too is very random from oldies to metal ... My favorites are opera, opera metal, techno, dance, and rock. My current favorite bands are Nightwish, TaTu, Groove Coverage, and Rammstein.

Hobbies Well I guess they include sewing, drawing, painting, collecting a few different things such as stuffed animals and figurines like dragons and wolves. I go to a lot of anime conventions ... just went to one last weekend actually. I also play DDR a lot. Thats about it ... nothing interesting.

Clothes Most of my clothes are black, the ones that are not are either a bright color or green since red heads always look good in green. I hate wearing pants and am almost always in skirts. I wear a bunch of my favorite neclaces, bracletes and rings every day. Of course I have to wear my cat ears almost everywhere I go as well. I am called gothic a lot but I do not believe that I am. I wear what looks nice and is comfortable ...