• 1 GHz or above
    • 800 MHz or above
    • 100 MHz or above
    • Under 100 MHz

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, buying 2 500gb is actuely cheaper then 1 tb.

1tb=800 Euro ( yes I live in Europe)

2x 500gb = 550

weird sleep.gif

How is that weird, it's more expensive to fit double the space in the same dimensions - that makes sense.

Dual Core Processors are two processors linked up on the same motherboard allowing essentially twice the operations in one cycle and therefore near enough twice the CPU speed of one chip. But if you get that too powerful there's no decent operating system which can handle it and they'll just crash.

• 2 weeks later...

The newest Intel CPUs that are currently available are the Intel Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Extreme... but they won't be out for a few months yet. The best ones you can get now are Intel Core Duo or Pentium 4 Extreme Edition with HT, which goes up to 3.73 GHz at my last count.

Dual Core Processors are two processors linked up on the same motherboard allowing essentially twice the operations in one cycle and therefore near enough twice the CPU speed of one chip.
That's not true.

Dual-Core processors are single processor chips, except they essentially have two processor cores built into them. It can be viewed as two separate processors on one chip, but this varies at lot - they often share an L2 memory cache or other I/O BUS functions.

The problem with faster processor clock speeds is heat. Basically the processor engine can operate at only so much RPM before the engine will 'seize up' - and that means errors. A Windows PC running at.. say... 10GHz isn't much good if it can't make it past booting up before crashing. Dual cores get around this problem by firing two slower processing cores together.

A dual processor system is one that has two separate physical processors on separate parts of the mainboard.

A dual core CPU is a single processor that has two processing cores on the die.

• 2 months later...
I'm the only one with a 800MHz processor. :(

Well, at least I have a gig of ram to back it up.

Dude, if you have a crappy CPU, then gig of RAM doesn't mean nothing because the CPU can't use the memory at full speed. It would be the same if you'd have 4 times less memory. If memory can't be used at it's optimal speed, then it makes no point. I believe you have no idea about comps, because memory is defined by CPU, not vice-versa.