9/11 Memories

K9 Krew

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came home from school when this happened, and I was about 12. I was obviously shocked, but not extremely shocked, and I don't know why. I guess it felt too much like a dream to be true. My mum was sat on the sofa crying, watching the footage, and I had only just arrived. I could not stop thinking about it for the next 2 months, because it began to hit me after about 4 days how big a disaster it was. I only saw the building collapsing though, I didn't see the planes crashing into it, but now I've seen it a huge number of times and it still makes me sad. Bin Laden going on air a few days ago to taunt America about this is typical of him, he said that in order for this stuff to stop, we should convert to Islam to prevent any more bloodshed - WE weren't the ones that started it, for fuck sake! The American soldiers should have killed him when he was in their sights, they had the option to but didn't, which is unacceptable IMO.

I was watching NASCAR when it happened and they put the "breaking news" thing on right when a crash happened, but i guess 9/11 is a hell of a lot more important. Those of you that sed "why do the silence" or sumthing like that are a bit unfair.

OK the terrirists want us to dwell on it and feel unsafe, but we do the silence to remember the people who died and to show our respect.

I came home from school when this happened, and I was about 12. I was obviously shocked, but not extremely shocked, and I don't know why. I guess it felt too much like a dream to be true. My mum was sat on the sofa crying, watching the footage, and I had only just arrived. I could not stop thinking about it for the next 2 months, because it began to hit me after about 4 days how big a disaster it was. I only saw the building collapsing though, I didn't see the planes crashing into it, but now I've seen it a huge number of times and it still makes me sad. Bin Laden going on air a few days ago to taunt America about this is typical of him, he said that in order for this stuff to stop, we should convert to Islam to prevent any more bloodshed - WE weren't the ones that started it, for fuck sake! The American soldiers should have killed him when he was in their sights, they had the option to but didn't, which is unacceptable IMO.

They had the chance when they knew Osama was getting mighty. They thought about launching a rocket but then some Arabian prince would have died too. And since Arabia has lots of oil they wouldn't want to risk damaging their relationship.

Strangly the father of Osama actually had a good relationship with George Bush (senior).

Watched Faranheit 9/11 and shows some conspiracy theories htere as well but I am not talking about that anymore. I just think that we should stop dwelling on 9/11, it has happened we can't change what happened but we can move forward. I felt today too many kids were really upset over 9/11, I know its natural but why not get upset when theres mass starvation in Sudan etc. I don't understnad why things like Sudan don't get publisized enough.

I was watching NASCAR when it happened and they put the "breaking news" thing on right when a crash happened, but i guess 9/11 is a hell of a lot more important. Those of you that sed "why do the silence" or sumthing like that are a bit unfair.

OK the terrirists want us to dwell on it and feel unsafe, but we do the silence to remember the people who died and to show our respect.

RaDi0N is right, people should do the silence and remember the people who lost their lives.

On another note have you guys ever seen the World Trade Center movie.

Let me go on a little rant. The news shown on TV is total bullshit. News broadcast on television today is just a quest for ratings. FOX, CNN, and NBC don't care about current events. They just want ratings, and they'll air anything and call it news. Prime example: Paris Hilton going to jail for a DUI.

Oh, and to be on topic: I know 9/11 was a horrible tragedy, but we do need to move on. I mean, do we dwell on the day Pearl Harbor was bombed anymore?

Edited by Donkey Porker

They had the chance when they knew Osama was getting mighty. They thought about launching a rocket but then some Arabian prince would have died too. And since Arabia has lots of oil they wouldn't want to risk damaging their relationship.

Strangly the father of Osama actually had a good relationship with George Bush (senior).

I was thinking a sniper had his target on him, and all Clinton had to do was say the words and he'd be gone, but no. IMO Clinton fucked things up a lot. Not just this, but the whole trade thing, especially. And more I'm not gonna be bothered to list because of relativity to topic.

You have to think though, people do what they think is right and/or what they think they deserve and such.

I was 8 when it happened. Didn't knew what was going on. Now I do get it and lately I watched some conspiracy theory vids but I think it's all bullshit. If Bush wants war he goes to war. But still I don't get it why would Osama want to do it? I mean America funded them right? (or something like that) and when it happened no plane could leave except the Osama family. So why would he want to do it?

I was about 4 when it happened. I heard about it on the news. Wasnt scared cause I had no Idea what they were talking about.

I was 7 When It Happened. I was having Maths at the Time it Happened. Year 3...

I was amazed (Yes I did Understand It), It was the Worst Event 5 Years Prior to that Event (Before September 11th 2001). The Second Worse being Princess Diana's Death.

I am Shocked that USA are rebuilding a Tower where they used to be. How Insulting.

Well, it's a memorial. It aims to be the tallest skycraper in the world and will have a huge emphasis on safety.

And America did fund Osama in the war against the Soviets. It was in the 70s and we didn't want communism to spread. Same reason we went to Vietnam. A lot of good that did...

Red Devil -

YOU SANCTIMONIOUS LITTLE PRICK!!!

Your comments are the stupidest thing I have seen on this forum to date. Listening to this crap from American liberals is

bad enough, but from some little git who"s total life experience is bouncing around the back of Mumsie's Skoda Roomage

to go watch the big boys play footsies just pisses me off. You're no better than the human garbage from the West Bank

who spent the day dancing around & singing because someone lashed out at the "evil Americans". SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

I remember being woke up to a phone call from my ex telling me to turn on the news (work nights). Saw the first tower fall,

saw the plane hit the second & it fell. Watched reports come in from the Pentagon. Listened to recorded cell phone calls

from flight 92, the plane taken by terrorist & retaken by the passengers (those people were heroes, plain & simple). I also

remember watching live news footage from the Middle East of people celebrating. Then I watched this country, my home,

pull itself back together. George W. Bush was the right man in the right place at the right time. Period. I remember he

took immediate & appropriate action.

Full point to Sky - Clinton was worthless. After the first attack on the WTT in '92, he knew exactly who Bin Lauden was &

took no action. As for Iraq, we got tired of them training terrorists & we did something about it. We didn't take him out

in Desert Storm because we knew it would lead to the mess we have now. After 9/11 it got to the point it was time to do

something. Afghanistan? That's where he ran to & they hid him. That's why we bitch-slapped the Taliban out of power.

That's why we're stuck dealing w/ the mess in both those countries, why we stayed around to try to rebuild their infra-

structure instead of just walking away & leaving them to their own devices. As for war for oil, well...YES!!! $3 a gallon is

wrecking our economy, what makes you think $5 is a good idea? First fuel prices tripled then everything else goes up as

well because the cost of transporting everything from raw materials to finished product just went up. To afford durable

goods, wages have to go up as well in turn raising the price of the goods. Run that by your teacher, RD.

Agreed, dwelling on 9/11 accomplishes nothing. But at the same time those who do not remember history are doomed

to repeat it.

Back in a couple days, I just need to get this one out of my system.

^

Saying Bush did it is just my opinion, as I have stated in this topic, and when you claim that Bush was the so called 'Saviour' of America what was he doing in a school, just sitting there listening to the news when a guy says to him ' The nation is under attack ', he just sat there. And plus he has links with the Bin Ladens, don't care what you believe but he will always be a bad guy who was desprate for the oil.

Pretty sure Bush's agenda had nothing about terrorists stealing planes & flying them into buildings full of people. As for his

reaction, what would you have him do in a classroom full of young kids? His reaction was completely appropriate, he finished

his visit to the classroom, & dealt w/ the problem. It's called composure.

As for "links" to Bin Lauden, I think you're referring to a time when he (BL) was involved in Afghanistan's fight against Soviet

occupation, long before he decided to to attack American civilians. Your comments are as ignorant as someone accusing

The British Prime Minister of creating the IRA as a means to stay in power.

As for "desperate for oil"... :lol: There is not a SINGLE chemical or fluid in the auto industry that can't be derived from our

own agriculture. OPEC knows this & they also know their oil reserves will only last so long. Right now, oil is profitable. In

the near future expect to see more clean energy sources, like soy diesel & ethanol (used by local state government & public

transportation), improvements in hybrid cars. Grain oil can be processed into motor oil & grease. Antifreeze is already made from alcohol. What food can you make from petroleum?

OPEC should be glad the US hasn't responded to their gouging w/ a policy of $1 a barrel = $1 a bushel (charging them the

same price for grain they charge us for oil.

Do you have a factual basis for your "opinion", or just like to bash Americans? Your science teacher might want to stick to

doing his job (that would be teaching science, in case he forgot).