Will you use cheats in GTA 4 ?

Gycu

YES I used cheats in previous GTAs and I will use them again but only when I cant pass some missions not like in SA and VC where I used cheats in almost every missions SORRY but it`s fun .Sometimes I put all kind of cheats to cause MAYHEM like sand storm,peds with guns that attack you,speed cheats in San Andreas (PC)

I will use them in GTA 4 but not frequently only when I`m dessperated. :) REPLY!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By principal I NEVER use cheats when playing through ANY game. For me it completely ruins the experience and defeats the entire object of the game, as absolutely no challenge is presented.

I only use cheats when messing around with friends when it can make the game more fun.

Also just a quick thought, does anybody know of ANY 360 or PS3 games that actually have any button cheats? I've certainly never heard of any. Not a lot people actually use them in next gen games nowadays do they. The games are now more about the actual gameplay, and stuff.

Chris your right, I can't think of any cheats on any games on the 360 but I am not sure on the PS3 because It is coming out in March for me. Anyway I do use cheats the second and third time round when I am completing GTA games but never the first time around. GTA 4, I think will definetly have cheats because there are some people out there who just want to get the jet pack and hydra without going through the missions.

Im happy using cheats, I doubt I could complete them without cheats, I find having to re do a mission 500 times ruins the experience for me.

That's nearly exactly what I was going to say. My first time through the storyline, I use cheats and then the second time through if I want to, I won't use cheats at all or not as much.

Only cheats I ever use are Weapons, Heatlh and Armor cheats. I agree it's alot more challenging without them, but using cheats can be helpful aswell, if you're not aiming for 100%.

I never use spawing cheats or whatever anymore.

I remember once I used the riot cheat in VC and saved the game, which sucked because it was on permanently and I had to delete my save.

Edited by MiamiViceCity

I cheated my ass off with Vice City and then after going through a couple of times I got 100% without, since then I haven't really needed cheats at all. Atleast not for the main storyline missions and after quite some time I can do the tough sub missions too without them.

Doubt i'll use them with GTA4 either, I like to get my money's worth, don't want to complete the game too quickly or easily.

I probably will not in the 360 version. I might if I'm just screwing around and not doing missions but cheating in a 360 game disables achievement points on that particular save. Making mods for the PC version almost requires that I cheat sometimes to test certain aspects of the mod.

I hope to god they won't disable achievement points when I cheat in GTA4, because I plan on cheating a lot. I can't pass a single mission without cheats! :lol:

GTA is a hard game. I need cheats to complete GTA 3, VC, etc. I can understand disabling achievements for games like Saints Row because your health will regenerate over time and using cheats makes the game way too easy. But something like GTA:SA, some missions are plain impossible for me. I need those cheats and those achievement points!

i use cheats before and after i beat the game, before to see what they are and what they do, then after to play around with. But when im getting 100 percent i dont ever use them at all.

once in VC while i was trying to beat the game i accidentally put in a code!!! i was mad because it lowered my stats and i had to go back to my old savegame. WHAT are the chances of that, i bet none of you have ever done that.